B161: New Dropbox Support Option?

I’ve linked my account, but can see no mention of it in the release notes and cannot see any menu options to see music on dropbox?

Is that the plan.

Thanks

only noticed after your post

btw: after configuring it… Roon still says “Not Connected” 'till you quit/relaunch the app

I’m sure @mike will draft a more elaborate reply, but for now: it was not supposed to be in the stable build just yet and it is best ignored until further notice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to keep it short this time :wink:

Dropbox support is something we are testing for our forthcoming backup feature. We are still evaluating the integration, and there’s a lot more testing to be done on this feature before it goes live.

For now, the Dropbox login does nothing and was supposed to hidden in this release. – ignore it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On the basis I am looking for a replacement for Tidal, the first place I look is services :grinning:

Oh I see; thats out of the bag then :sunglasses:

So we should unlink our account for the moment?

Edit: If it any help, I can confirm the same as @pl_svn that after connecting to dropbox, the connection is not registered until restarting the app.

Yes, that would be my recommendation.

1 Like

Hi

I am unable to use the dropbox functionality.

While trying to setup dropbox in Roon I get the following error message:

“This app has reached its user limit. Contact the app developer and ask them to use the Dropbox API App Console to increase their app’s user limit.”

Any advice?

Regards Peter

Hi Peter (@pbarnewi)

I’ve merged your post into this topic, the abridged answer … it was not suppose to be visible yet.

See Mike’s post above (with the yellow background), there’s a little more on it [here]
(Automatic Database Backup - Dropbox Cloud Only? Please, No) as well.

Thanks for the clarification Carl.

I saw from Settings > Services from build 161. Have anyone tried streaming music from Dropbox in standard and high resolution?

Sorry, MusicEar, that seems to be a future option geared towards backups, that is not yet activated.

Hi @MusicEar

I’ve merged your post into this topic, bottom line it was not suppose to be visible yet.
See Mike’s post above (with the yellow background), there’s a little more on it [here]

Trying to link my dropbox. When I launch dropbox setup from Roon - I sign into dropbox and get the message - This app is unable to link additional users because it has been frozen pending review.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

See this.

I think this is not enabled as yet. I had the same issue when I tried,

Hi @jason_weiss

I’ve merged your post into this topic, the abridged answer … it was not suppose to be visible yet.

I enabled the Dropbox service in the settings, but nothing happens. Where are the backups stored in my dropbox? FYI: I don’t have the dropbox client installed on my Mac.

No one is using this feature? I don’t understand what’s the linking for. If I had installed the dropbox client I could backup to the synced folders without linking to Dropbox.

Hi @Tekl

I think you need to flag @support to answer your question if no one else on the forum is helping.

Dropbox backup has worked with no issues for me since I started using it. It creates a folder called Roon in your Dropbox, that in turn contains a folder called Roonbackups.

Hi @oneofmany,

thanks for helping out. I’ve found where my misunderstanding was. I have to create a backup plan for dropbox. I thougt it is for folders only. O_o