B196: all tracks being skipped during audio playback

My Roon just updated 1.3 (build 196).
Tried playing Roon - either via Tidal OR my NAS drive library, and the tracks fail to play.
What I see is a rapid scrolling through a playlist, then the playlist stops.
Running on MacBook Air, through Auralic and Comet D-A

OK, it looks like the little spinning circle on the upper right is still rescanning files…so my version is not ready for prime time yet.

Hi @Rodney_Pearlman – I’d like to get a look at some logs from this failure.

Can you zip up two folders of logs for me, and upload them to Dropbox (or similar)? You can just post the links in this thread.

The two folders I need are:

If you can zip those up and send me a Dropbox link, we’ll look into this. Alternatively, if you don’t have Dropbox, let us know and someone from @support will send you information about uploading the logs directly to us.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble here!

Thanks for getting back to me - I thought I had solved the problem - but no
such luck.

Mac OS10, on MacBook Air. Auralic Aries and Comet DAC. Music files on a NAS
drive.

I am pretty new to servers etc, and think I need help setting up my system.

I tried uploading the logs files, but permission denied…will look into DropBox

Thanks,

Rodney.

Hey @Rodney_Pearlman ----- Thank you for the follow up! Confirming that your logs have been received and are in our queue for analysis! We appreciate your patience while we look into this issue for you!

-Eric

OK, so the new issue is very odd.

When I skip track by using the arrow key in Roon, a sharp noise is heard through my stereo, and when the track is played, so sound comes our of the speakers, while the track appears to be playing in Roon. The only way I can hear music is by restarting the DAC…what gives?
I figured this out by trying to play tracks from my library via the Auralic using its dedicated software app. It said the DAC (Comet Exogal) was no longer non line and it needed to restart.
How do I avoid this harsh signal that crashes my system when I try and fast forward through tracks on Roon?

Hi @Rodney_Pearlman ---- I wanted to touch base with you real quickly as I am seeing you have made a new observation:

" I skip track by using the arrow key in Roon, a sharp noise is heard through my stereo, and when the track is played, so sound comes our of the speakers, while the track appears to be playing in Roon"

I just want to verify if this is NOW the main issue being reported here OR if you are experiencing both this new behavior and what was previously reported (“Tried playing Roon - either via Tidal OR my NAS drive library, and the tracks fail to play.”).

I appreciate the clarification, thanks!

-Eric