B416 Tidal login failed

Dear all,
since a couple of days, must be since upgrade to 416, I receive a message every day, that the Tidal login failed. After I hit reconnect, everything is fine…

Is this a common problem?

Thanks and best regards,
Stephan

Do you perhaps run a VPN-service? I remember when I did, I did get that message too. But I think it had to do that the internetconnection was not ready yet, when the Core had started.
Otherwise you can try to reboot your Core, and see if that helps.

Hi PhiloMelos, thanks for your answer. No, no VPN. I also restarted already. Didn’t have the problems during the last months. It just suddenly was there around time of the last update.
BRS

I normally shut down my core and router nightly to avoid thunderstorms

When I restart my PC starts quicker than my network, fibre etc so the Internet is not available by the time Roon needs to connect to Tidal I see the same error

Solution , start network, brew tea, start PCs

Fixed , it may be the same issue ?

Hi Mike, router and internet are always on, as well as the core. I also didn’t change anything and it just simply stopped working…
BRS

Hi @Stephan_Neubauer,

What kind of Core are you using here and what operating system does it have? What is your network setup like? You mentioned in your last message:

Can you clarify what exactly stopped working here?

– Noris

Hi Noris,
I use a Intel i3 based Zotac fan-less mini-PC with Win 10 Pro build 17763.475 direct attached to my cable router via cat6.

The problem is, that I see the attached error message (unable to connect to tidal) every morning. Once I hit reconnect, it works for the rest of the day. I didn’t have this before 416 - it just kept connected to Tidal all the time without prompting.

Thanks and best regards,
Stephan

Hi @Stephan_Neubauer,

Does TIDAL work as expected if you don’t press that reconnect button? I wonder if it could just be that Roon is stuck in a state of displaying that message when it is not really needed. Diagnostics from your Core may be interesting here, can you let me know the exact local time and date in your country for when this behavior occurs next? E.g. 1:57PM on 5/7/19.

– Noris

No, Tidal is not working in that stage. It says I’m not connected. As soon as I hit retry, it is working again.
I cannot tell when the phenomenon happens. It’s just there ever morning for some while now…
Thx & br,
Stephan

Hi @Stephan_Neubauer,

What is your network setup like? Can you let me know the exact model/manufacturer of your router? I have also gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

– Noris

Hi Noris,
I’m not exactly sure. It’s called connect box from UPC Austria (DOCSIS 3.0).
If it’s not a general problem, please don’t invest too much time. It’s annoying, but not a big problem.
I will check the stability of my connection. Looks like roon is running but not reconnecting when network is lost. Seems like it did that without intervention before…
Thanks and best regards,
Stephan

Hi @Stephan_Neubauer,

I have reviewed the logs from your machine and I am seeing some signs of general instability in your Core, specifically actions that you are performing in Roon are being added to the “queue” of action items but it is taking some time to complete these actions and I believe the TIDAL message might be related here.

My suggestion to you would be to start Roon fresh and see if this TIDAL behavior still occurs. You can start Roon in a fresh state by performing the following (all the blue links below are click-able):

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Restore your database from the Roon backup that you created

– Noris

Thx, Noris!
Did so. Let’s see if it helps…

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

Hi Noris,
did exactly what you suggested. Unfortunately, no change. Still the same error every morning…

BRS

Hi @Stephan_Neubauer,

Thanks to letting me know that there is no change. I am going to consult with QA regarding this behavior and we are going to do some testing on our end to see if we can reproduce. I’ll be sure to reach out once I have more info to share and appreciate your patience until then.

– Noris

Hi @Stephan_Neubauer,

I just heard back from the QA team regarding your case here.

It appears that something on your machine or network is causing a disconnect around 4AM each night and this may be triggering the TIDAL behavior behavior you are seeing.

Do you by any chance know what this could be? Is there possibly any sleep settings you have enabled on the PC or are there any programs that run each night around 4AM that can trigger a PC reboot?

– Noris

Hi Noris,
I restart my router every night because it caused trouble with unstable connections when running for too long.
This is nothing new. It’s implemented for years and never cased this kind of error with roon/Tidal before. It is possible that you changed reconnect timeouts with 416?

Thanks and best regards,
Stephan

Hi @Stephan_Neubauer,

You shouldn’t have to reboot your router each night for a stable Roon experience. Do you mind temporarily turning this feature off and see if it changes anything with regards to the issue?

Thanks,
Noris

I don’t do this because of roon. It’s because my internet connection and W-LAN becomes unresponsive after a couple of days and I have to restart manually. So I automated that.
I will change it and see if it’s more stable in the meantime.

BRS

I Had what seems to be this problem two days ago, either could not get the client on PC or iPad or Android phone to connect without the error message, would get error message that Tidal could not find (the next) track, and then the track might play many (10-20) second later but once playing the track would be fine, until the next track when I would see the error message before eventually the track would start playing if I waited long enough… general Internet browsing seemed to work OK.

In my case it turned out to be a DNS issue - nothing to do with Roon.

I don’t know what type of router you use, but is it possible that there is a firmware update available for it??