B81 Feedback Marquee Scrolling

Just checking out the scrolling on ARC’s Now Playing screen.

Test Track:

Artist: Stars of the Lid
Album: Stars of the lid and their refinement of the Decline
Track: “That Finger on Your Temple Is The Barrel of my Raygun”

Comments:

Overall I think it works well, I will test with an even longer track title in a bit. I thought the scrolling was a tad too quick, and that a “End of Track Title” symbol would help indicate that the track title was done.

2 Likes

Back Again.

Test Track

Artist: Sufjan Stevens
Album: “Sufjan Stevens Invites You To: Come On Feel the Illinoise”
Track Title: ‘‘The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You’re Going to Have to Leave Now, or, ‘I Have Fought the Big Knives and Will Continue to Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands!’’’

(I told you I would try with something longer, lol).

Comments:

The scrolling ends with a “…” after “…Civilzation and” So the entire title scrolling is:
‘‘The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and …"

Is there a character limit to the marquee effect? It looks like it based on the test above, seems to be about 67 characters leaving space to add the “…”

Good catch. It does seem to be cut off. Taking a look into it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Rugby is this still happening to you? We’ve investigated on our side and cannot reproduce.

Is it possible you’ve edited the name of this track? Perhaps try other absurdly long artist/titles and see what’s happening. There should be no character limit.

Hi Michael,

Yes, still happening on that track. My environment.

Note 10+
Android 12
ARC 1.0.5 build 90

The album is NOT in my library, I am just streaming it from Qobuz. Which also means that I have not edited anything about the album.

I tried another track from the album and it too ends with a … There are many long track names on this. I will try another album.

Below is a screen shot

Further.

I just tried with

Test Track:

Artist: Arctic Monkeys
Album: Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not
Track: You Probably Couldn’t See for the Lights but You Were Staring Straight At Me

This track which has more characters than the other titles before they were “continued”, actually scrolls all the way through. I really suspect the punctuation in the other Sufjan titles.

Next test, I’m going to edit a title on a test album to be the Sufjan title without all the punctuation and see if that works then.

Hi @michael ,

Yes, it was the punctuation causing the issue for me. I removed the punctuation (many commas and an exclamation point) and used the below to re-title a test track and it scrolled the entire length.

The Black Hawk War or How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning or We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You’re Going to Have to Leave Now or I Have Fought the Big Knives and Will Continue to Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands

funny side comment, The original test track I had put the title on was only 58 seconds and was not enough time to scroll the entire things, LOL. I had to redo it with a longer track to verify the whole thing actually scrolled.