Bach Is Stalking Me

Every time I venture into Discover there he is, at least three to four times, hands poised over his keyboard, waiting for me to click the link and listen to a suite for solo cello. It is becoming a bit unnerving now and I find myself quickly scrolling past his gaze to find something, anything, to listen to!

@support is this normal behaviour, taking into account that when I use Focus I have 5 ‘Classical’ albums out of 800?

Of those 5 one is related to Bach - Yo Yo Ma’s Inspired By Bach (The Cello Suites), which I have played, maybe, one time.

Does anyone else experience a ‘stalker’ from a genre that they generally do not listen to?

2 Likes

It is well known that listening to cello suites will make you live longer.

2 Likes

Anders, I fear that I have not lived long enough to be listening to cello suites yet!

Same here. Bach himself is about 10% of my Discover page, while classical is literally 0.2% of my library (6 of 3122 albums). It definitely improved when I favorited the 4,000+ songs I had rated highly in iTunes, but he’s still down there, just lurking… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s like his ghost is haunting the roon discovery page.

According to focus I have one album with Bach compositions. 6 tracks of 13000, but he’s always there.

2 Likes

Just be grateful it’s JS and not PDQ …

You can unstick Radio from an album by banning it (toggle heart twice), not sure if that works for Discover or not.

1 Like

Aha! He lurks univited elsewhere too.

2 Likes

PDQ has piqued my interest…
Oedipus Tex and Other Choral Calamities
Pervertimento for Bagpipes, Bicycle and Balloons
He might replace JS!

2 Likes

In general, the dance music of P.D.Q. Bach, although we have no documentary evidence of this, suggests that one of his legs was shorter than the other.

3 Likes

Hilarious thread and comments :grin:

For me, he’s on every Discover page at least once - often twice. Staring at me… with such stern… indifference. Perhaps judging my music collection and trying to (not so) subtly influence my choices. Look man, I want to listen to something like Zu’s Codor Todo, not “O Mensch, bewein’ dein; Sunde gross, choral prelude for organ” or the musical offering:

3 Likes

Let’s flag @brian2 and see if he has some explanation for this incessant censorious glowering.

I’ve been told repetition in one view of Discover is by design…