Back up from Innous Zen Mk3

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innous Zen 3 software 1.4.3 running ROON Core

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Broadband internet via ISP (Optus) supplied Modem (Segemcom Gateway F@ST 3864) attached to Zen via Cat 6 ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Play audio either via networked PS Audio DirectStream DAC (main room) or via Project Pre Box S2 Digital using my Acer Laptop to control.

Description Of Issue

I’ve been using dropbox for my backups but I keep running out of storage, I’d like to create a local back up on my Acer PC (windows 10) but I’m not entirely sure how to set this up? Do I select shared drive & if so, how do I map the back up to the laptop?

The instruction manual isn’t that clear?

Cheers
Matt

I have Roon core loaded on my Dell laptop. When I click backup, it takes me to my C:\ drive and I can see all my folders there. So, before doing a backup, I created a folder to put them in.

Hi James,

I just don’t see the address back to my laptop from the CORE on my Innous XZen Mini Mk3 server?

This is what I see?

Do I click on add network share & if so, how do I map the backup folder to my Acer laptop (on the same network)?

Cheers
Matt

I back up by logging into Roon on my laptop where the Roon core is stored. Maybe I misunderstood where you are running the Roon core.

Oh, ok…My CORE is on the Innous, I don’t think I can backup on the Innous although I have loads of space so that’s my challenge, to set up auto back ups…back to the laptop.

I guess you need to go into Windows and set up network sharing with that device, but I don’t remember how to do that.

Hi @Matthew_Taylor,

Take a look at this KB article. The article is about accessing storage locations over the network, but the same concept applies for backup locations as well.

You’ll need to make sure that the folder you want to back up to is properly shared over the network (instructions are in the article) and then you’ll need to make sure that you’re properly entering in the network share information into the backup location in Roon.

If you follow those instructions and you’re still having issues please let me know! It would be helpful to get a screenshot of the share settings for the destination folder in File Explorer as well as a screenshot of what you’re entering in to Roon’s backup location.

Couldn’t you use a thumb drive to back up your Core’s library.

That seems (to me) preferable to your laptop’s drive.

Curious, how effective is the Innous OS for backing up your music files?

Check out this thread from earlier this year:

The very last post has the OP’s solution

Thanks, just back from a work trip so will try this over the weekend, looks like a winner although I’ll need to work out the IPv4 address but I’m sure I’ll be fine!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.