Background Audio analysis again

Why won’t the background Audio Analysis finish? it always has one more disk to go, it’s been saying Analysing 833/834 for the last 24hrs

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi @Mike_Durham,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If you reboot your Core is there any change?

Roon core is on a Dell inspiron 6 core i5-9400@2.90GHz, 8Gb ram, W10 home edition, network cable via Netgear S8000gigabit switch to a PS audio Directstream DAC with bridge. I’ve rebooted Roon and it’s now saying Analysing 0/1 and has been for the last 2 hrs.
Hope that helps
Mike

Hello @Mike_Durham, could you please reboot and reproduce the issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp when you do so I can enable diagnostics for your account? Also, does this issue still occur if you connect the core directly to the router and bypass the switch?

Rebooted just now at 22:18 uk time.

Have re-checked the order of connection and its core, router, switch, dac.

showing analysing 0/1

Mike

Hello @Mike_Durham,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi Nuwriy
Rebooted as requested, it’s still showing Analysing 0/1

Hello @Mike_Durham, thanks for doing that! I’ve sent the report over to the QA team and will return shortly with their feedback!

Hi Nuwriy
Any update? it’s now showing 13/14 but all my cd’s have been analysed.
Mike

Hi Nuwriy
How long is shortly? 'ços this simple request seems to be taking a long time for any type of feedback.
Mike

Hello @Mike_Durham,

Please accept our apologies for the delay here! I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our review queue. A member of our QA team should be reviewing this soon and providing feedback.

I’ve requested an update from the team and upped the priority in our tracker so I should be able to get back to you soon with an update. Thanks in advance for your patience!

1 Like

Hi Nuwriy
This is now getting stupid, do you think I might some form of answer this year?
Thanks
Mike

Hi @Mike_Durham,

You have our apologies for the delay on this one. Our QA team’s queue is longer than typical at this time and so investigations like this are taking a bit longer than we’d like.

I understand it’s been a while since your initial report, though, and I’ve scheduled a meeting with our senior QA team to get this looked at ASAP. As soon as we have their feedback we’ll be sure to reach out.

2 Likes

Hi Dylan
Thanks for your reply and interest. I see you have been busy with a update today and the possibility of a major one in the new year and I accept this takes preference, but an update would have been nice.
Just to say after the update it’s now gone back to analyzing 0/1 although all disks have been analyzed.
I’ll leave it in your capable hands and look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks
Mike

@Mike_Durham, I had the same issue when I first installed Roon. Referencing the Roon Server Logs, I was able to determine what files Roon was getting hung up on. The issue ended up being corrupt mp3 files in my library.

I recommend shutting down Roon Core and restarting it to start a fresh log file. I am running Roon Server on a Windows 7 machine so my log files are located in:
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\RoonServer\Logs

The file you’ll want to look at should be named “RoonServer_log.txt

I simply opened this file in Notepad and did a “Find” for the word “analyzing”, this should bring up the 1 file Roon is tripping up on. At that point you can decide if you want to delete the file, repair it, or move it from Roon’s watch folder.

Example log entry:
12/14 12:35:37 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=27833906 url=D:\Media\Music\FLAC\filename.flac

I too had several dozen tracks hung up on analyzing and each time I restarted Roon server, that number went down. What I believe was happening was the corrupt file(s) were stopping legitimate files from being analyzed. I had to repeat this exercise a couple times until I identified all the corrupt mp3s (it was just a handful of files that were corrupt).

Hi Bryan
Thanks for your detailed reply, I’m afraid the information you have provided is way over my skill level, perhaps many years ago I might have had a look, but now I pays my money and expect things to work, if they don’t they either go back, or I look to the manufacturer to either repair or replace.
Thanks
Mike

Hello @Mike_Durham, and thanks for your patience while the QA team reviewed this information. The team asked if you could please remove the following file and let me know if this resolves the issue.

11/24 18:20:13 Trace: [analysis] analyzing trackid=10536754 url=F:\music\Todd Bishop Group\MP3_NEW_RELEASES_2019_WEEK_17_(White)\MP3 NEW RELEASES 2019 WEEK 17 (White)\Flevans - Part Time Millionaire\03 - Flevans - It Just Goes.mp3

Hi Nuwriy

Two things, please see my reply to Bryan above, and, where will I find it. You cannot just say remove this file without giving more information.

Crazy request.

Mike

Hi @Mike_Durham,
The path to the music file is detailed in @nuwriy’s post.