Background audio analysis never stops

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1.8 build 783

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Windows 10 PC, core and roon client on same machine, music files are local

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

various, internal sound card, external dac

Description Of Issue

I’ve noticed that background audio analysis is constantly running with 1 album to process. This has been going on for over a month since I subscribed. Is this normal?
Capture

Have you rebooted your core machine? If so, I’d try that. If not, when support engages they may be able to look at your logs and see if there is a file that is causing issues.

You might also look under Settings Library Skipped Files and see if there are other files that were identified as having an issue.

Thanks for suggestions. Core machine is rebooted every day. The skipped files was a good shout, I had a couple of image files in there. I’ve sorted those but sadly it’s made no difference.

Have you restarted your network?

Maybe a dodgy link to Roon cloudy bits

Hi @Graham_Getty

Sounds like there is a corrupt file that could be tripping things up here.

I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account so we can take a look at what you’re experiencing here. Before I do this, may I ask that you please do the following and make a note of the time you do each:

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report. Once you’ve done this let me know the timestamps and use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

Thanks!

Hi Dylan
OK I rebooted at 08.30 and 08.35 BST and have the logs.
Remind me where I send the drop box link to?
thanks

You can send the link in a Private Message to Dylan. Click his avatar, and then the “Message” button.

Thanks Geoff

Just to confirm Dylan did find the corrupt file and it’s sorted now.
Many thanks to Dylan and the Roon team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.