Backing Up Data Base : Invalid Network Path

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP NAS HS 453DX

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon App is located on my iPad : Roon 1.7 (build 555) stable

WiFi Router : EMG2926 - 802.11AC Simultaneous Dual Band

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

LUMIN D2

Hello,

I have rebooted my QNAP NAS HS 453DX due to a deadlock and it has started a significant system update - including a reinstallation of ROON.

I later found that all my bookmarks were gone and that the last valid backup was made in January 2020! The backups have been scheduled since the purchase of my QNAP NAS, but I see that I have not received a notification message - a failure in my email sending process.

I am also subscribed to IDrive and a copy st programmed on my WDCLOUD device. For this one, Roon does not recognize the path.

I tried this morning to create an additional backup on my MACBOOK Pro to copy it later on Idrive but Roon does not recognize the path.

Here is the path indicated:

smb: // Users

Roon answers me: Invalid Network Path

My two questions:

Can you tell me how to enter the path?

Is there a way to recover saved bookmarks before reinstalling Roon?

Best regards,

Gaetan

Hello @Gaetan_Patenaude, and thanks for the details!

We have a great article here detailing the process of adding a shared folder path

Without a backup of that information, I don’t believe there’s much we can do, unfortunately. However, we can plan for the future! We have a guide to making backups that you can check out here.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the processes outlined in these documents!

Hello,

Thank you very much. I have everything I need about the path. I will try when I will have a bit of free time and let you know how it works.

Backups.

In fact I have backups made by Roon on my QNAP NAS but I don’t know how to use them to recover my TAGS.

In fact the last one madecby Roon were made in Jnuary 2020 - but still it is a lot of information. Moreover, régular back-up are made by IDrive App of my QNAP NAS. But I dont know how to recover the information about the RoonBackups.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Best regards,

Gaétan

Hello again,

I followed the instruction on my MacBook to share a file in order to create a watch folder. An error was signaled.

I have a question : is it possible to create a path for a file which is not were the Core is located?

In fact, actually, the RoonBackups are on my QNAP Nas and I was tryin to created a second location to RoonBackups on my MacBookPro which will copy on iCloud Drive.

Is it possible?

Best regards,

Gaétan

Hello @Gaetan_Patenaude,

The first thing I want to note is that we don’t recommend using third-party backup and restore applications like iDrive. You’ll want always to use a Roon backup. If you have a backup of Roon where these tags exist (it sounds like you do) then that should get you back in the right place.

Since the backup on your NAS, you’ll need to connect to it over the network in order to restore the backup. We have information about this here.

Can you share a screenshot of the path that you’re trying to enter, along with the error you’re seeing? Does the path conform to the format in the article I linked to above? Are you entering the username and password?

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for following up on my file.

I’m sorry to get back to you late, I thought I would receive a notice in my mailbox notifying me that I had a message in my Roon folder on the common.

I managed to create a new backup on my QNAP NAS but I failed to create one on my MacBook Pro.
(see copy of the screen)

In addition, I have backups made by ROON which dates back to May 20, 2020.

I would like to know what will happen if I click on the Restore button in the Backup Manager section.

Best regards,

Gaetan

Hello,

Good news. I succeeded to recover my tags from a back-up made prior to the update of Roon.

I will try again to create a path to make a copy on my MacBook Pro.

I will keep you inform of the development.

Best regards,

Gaétan

Hello @Gaetan_Patenaude, that’s awesome! I’ll wait for your update, let me know if you get stuck making a backup again for the Mac.

Hello,

I succeeded to make backup on my QNAP NAS, my MYCLOUD, and two external USB drives, but still I cannot succeed to to it on my MacBook Pro.

I share the file but I get en Unexpected error message. Please see the screen Capture attached.

Bes regards,

Gaétan

Hey @Gaetan_Patenaude, thanks for the screenshot! Things look good to me, unless the password is incorrect. Can you send me a screenshot of you reaching this path in finder? Let’s see if there’s any issue accessing it from there. Thanks!

Hey Nuwriy Nienkirche,

Thank you for your reply.

The password I put is the one that I use to open my MacBook Pro how could it be wrong?

Here is two screen shots :
one with the Finder + Share Files information about the path
one with the reply from Roon after my try to register the path

I hope it will help you.

Best regards,

Gaétan

Maybe unrelated: The network 100.64.0.0/10 is reserved for Carrier-grade NAT. IP-Addresses out of this network should not be used for private networks.

Hello, I don’t understand the meaning of the message sent by BlackJack about the IP Adress.

Hello,

I got a message from ROON this morning telling that I have no scheduled back-up.
I verified and all my scheduled back-up were erased.

Do you have apossible explanation?

But the past back-ups were still available to make a recovery if necessary.

Best regards,

Gaétan

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.