Backup and Recovery

Bit of background. I have rock on a 6i5syh, I’ve just bought a 7i5bnh for Plex. I’m thinking of going back to a standard windows install on the new box so I can run both Roon and Plex on the same box.

I’d like to try this install using my existing roon rock ssd. I do not want to have to copy my music onto the hdd from scratch so prefer to backup my rock install and just recover if I decide to go back to the rock install.

Anyone familiar on the easiest way to do this?

Maybe this will help?

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Migration

My real concern is that the rock installation reformat the drives so I would need to recopy 2TB of data over to the onboard storage. I’m hoping to leave the data drive intact so if I revert to the rock install I would just need to restore the m.2 boot drive and database.

Unless the file system is supported by windows, I will need to recopy data for a windows install if I stick with it.

Rock uses ext4 for the internal drive and never formats that drive without you manually doing it from the web ui.

I was pretty sure I read that you can’t prepopulate a nuc disk with music before installing rock because it wipes all the music.

Anyway, I solved the problem by leaving the drives alone and trialling all this on a spare ssd. I’ll just rebuild it if my trialing of Plex and rock on the one box works for me.