Nucleus Plus V1
Roon Server Version 2.0 (build 1223) production
4TB Samsung SSD
2 x 128GB Samsung USB stick, formatted as exFAT - Backup targets 1 & 2

Networking Gear & Setup Details

All LAN Cat 6 hard wired with RJ45 wall outlets
Net gear unmanaged switch
FritzBox 6690 cable - Vodafone 1000 cable, incl. static IP
QNAP HS-453DX (additional backup target)

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Klimax System Hub latest Gen.
Linn Klimax 350 Exakt Katalyst
————————————————-
Linn Akurate System Hub
Linn ExaktBox-I
Linn Isobarik

Number of Tracks in Library

Approx. 50.000 tracks

Description of Issue

Since the latest update I experienced problems with the automatic or

forced backup
It happens regularly that the back is stuck at the status transferring …. %
Once I interrupted the backup with “stop” is does not stop
Only possibility is to restart the server sw, this interrupts the stuck backup process

I make no changes in my topology, Hi-Fi gear or provider. The only difference is the lastest roon server update.

Any clues? I is not very convenient to re-install the server HW to stop the process.

Kind regards
Tom,

1 Like

Good evening. support team - no one home? :wink:

Hey @Tom,

Thanks for your patience while we work through each thread. :pray:

Based on your screenshot, do you have two backup locations setup on your Nucleus? Is the other path functioning properly? Does including the subfolder ‘RoonBackups’ on your ‘Roon DB1’ path cause the same issue?

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

Hello @benjamin,

I have in fact three backup locations. DB1 & DB2 are usb sticks attached to the Nucleus+. The third one is a QNAP NAS and backups only once per week.
All three backup locations show the same problem and as I wrote, this happens since the last update. I did not experienced the the problem before.
The USB sticks are exFAT and the QNAP is HFS formatted.
Kind Regards
Thomas

Hey @Tom,

After re-reading this thread, can you confirm that you are not backing up to drives that are also presumably watched media locations in your storage settings? If you are, that will most definitely cause you some issues.

We found a handful of errors that could potentially be a TrueNAS error, more info here : SOLVED - Can't mount SMB share: "Unable to find suitable address." How to diagnose? | TrueNAS Community

There is also a chance the errors were related to an expired IP address :

Let me know :pray:

Hello @benjamin,

I can confirm my usb sticks and the QNAP have dedicated folders only for the backup.

As the problem occurs on the usb drive and the NAS, it seems not obvious that the NAS is the root cause.

In the meantime I was able to generate two backups without any errors, but on the flipside I have approx. 20 backups that fail.

It would be good to figure out what cause this problem.

Kind Regards
Tom

I have same issue for now, identity new tracks, new data work all time in a loop, no end process. So same story… Roon start processing and go to nowhere. In short with newest ver.:

• local library no work
  • backups broken
  • processing (library, new files, identification) crash

What’s now?

Hey @Tom,

Thanks for the additional info here. I’m glad to hear you were able to get a few backups while experiencing said issues.

Which drives were you able to successfully perform a backup on?

We weren’t able to pin anything specific down when reiving your core diagnostics. If possible, could you reproduce the issue again and share the specific date and time in which the backup gets stuck? I realize this is a bit tedious, and I thank you for your continued patience while we continue to investigate.

Hello @benjamin,

I exchanged one USB Drive with an SSD drive. I were able to make an backup on the USB and the SSD drive. I did not test the NAS so far.

I will send an update with the exact data once a backup will fail.

Kind regards
Tom

A post was split to a new topic: Backup issues on Nucleus