Backup fail 'Selected drive is full'

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus +1.8 756

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connected through wifi (Mac Retina 2012)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

None connected yet.

Description Of Issue

The music is stored on the Roon server itself and I would like to create a remote backup to my DSM216 Synology NAS. I’ve created folders and gave them the required read/write permissions and so on. I am able to connect to the nas in my Finder and read/write items to the shared folder. Now, whenever I try to add a remote backup location in Roon it all goes weird. It sometimes finds my NAS and sometimes it doesn’t. When it does find it I can setup the backup but when it performs the backup it throws the error message ‘Backup failed at 14:29:40 / Selected drive is full’. This isn’t actually possible since this drive has 800+GB storage left.

I’ve searched the forum and found a solution where the person in question formatted his NAS and the problem was gone. This isn’t possible in my case since there are files that I can’t lose. Another user reported the same problem but in his case the music and the backups were located on the same device and they aren’t in my case.

Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have SMB/AFP enabled under file services on the NAS?

I’m not a Mac guy, but also maybe Bonjour under File Services>Advanced?

Plug in a USB drive and setup automatic backups and how many you want to maintain. My Nucleus backs up every night and saves the last 30. I’ve never had an issue in over a year.

1 Like

Hi @Florian_Serneels

Are you seeing the same behavior if you try backing up to a different location (like a USB drive)? While not a permanent solution, it would be helpful to know if this happened for all backup locations or just specifically this NAS.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.