Backup failed at x:xx:xx / Unauthorized: not logged in

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Core Server 1.7 (537) running on a Windows 10 machine connected to my LAN via ethernet cable
Roon Core Server 1.7 (537) running on MacBook MacOS 10.15.4 (19E287) (setup as remote player not core)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Vodafone issue router with Wi-Fi off and BT wholehome mesh Wi-Fi turned on all wifi mesh disks cabled with Ethernet back to router via Netgear 10/100 switches

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Node 2i Ethernet + analog out
Innuos Zen Mini Mark 3 Ethernet + analog out
FiiO Dac usb to MacBook and 3mm jack out to powered speakers
Sonos (various x 5)
Apple TV x3 (2 x HDMI to TV + 1 old model Toslink to an amp)
Chromecast hdmi into TV 1
Sony 4K Android TV 2 with Chromecast built in

Description Of Issue

My backups are failing. Perhaps it’s something to do with permission for Roon to access/write to the backup locations? I have uploaded a screenshot. They are scheduled at night so the Windows 10 machine will be on but maybe sleeping/at logout screen.

Hi @Robert_Borley,

Is there any change in behavior if you reboot your Core?
If you try to start a manual backup to one of the locations, does that work?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, a manual backup of the first location worked today.

Not sure if re-booting will work as the schedule is set for every four days. I will try to set one tomorrow morning to see if that works too.

1 Like

Hi
Last night it seemed to work fine. Perhaps it was a Windows 10 issue. Sorry to waste your time, If it happens repeatedly I’ll let you know. See screenshot

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Borley,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved for now! No worries about filing a report, it’s a good thing that you submitted one because if this behavior re-occurs we can always open the thread again and pick back up from where we left off. Do let me know if that’s the case, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.