Backup failed at x:xx:xx

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Innuos Mk3 Mini Server/1.6 (B401 Stable)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Eero/Ethernet.

Description Of Issue
When I run a manual backup, I receive a backup failed at x:xx:xx / error backing up database. This error occurs when I try to re-run a manual backup in a different location, device, or network share.

Hi @Alex_Campbell,

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing when you try to backup? Are you able to backup to other locations?

It does not matter where I backup to, the backup still fails.

Hi @Alex_Campbell,

Can you verify that there is enough space remaining on your Dropbox account?

If you backup to a non-Dropbox location (either to a local drive or somewhere on the network) does that work?

I am only using 5.4% of my 1TB Dropbox account and the backup fails if I backup locally to the roon core, to my Mac, or any other network share.

Thanks for confirming, @Alex_Campbell!

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

The backup was run again this morning at 9am and it still failed.

Hi @Alex_Campbell,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

thank you, can you please tell me how I can provoke the core to generate a report?

Hi @Alex_Campbell,

The diagnostics report successfully reached our servers and I discussed this with the technical team. We are reaching out to Innuos about the behavior that you’re seeing here and they will be able to assist you with the next steps.

Thanks for your patience here, Alex! And please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Dylan

Thank you, so someone from Innuos will contact me regarding the issue?

Hi Alex,

Can you please send us an email to support@innuos.com so that we can follow this up on our ticket system. We can then book a remote session to have a look at your system.

Nuno

Nuno

I have since backed up my library on to another NAS, restored the Innuos back to factory settings, copied the library back on to the Innuos and enabled roon. I have not encountered any problems but I could not wait any longer since I was unable to launch the roon client and access my music.

Please close the ticket.

Thank you.

Alex

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.