Backup from Nucleus to iMac

Is file sharing configured properly for the G Drive? Have you tried to get file sharing configured on your Mac HD first to ensure that this works, and the modify for the G Drive?

i have the file sharing configured for the g drive. can try to do the backup to the iMac first.

Hey, success. Started with a new backup folder on the mac directly. got it to recognize the folder and the backup has started. Thanks to both of you for your ideas. I’ll go back and address the drive #3 name option later or just leave the backup on the iMac. Thanks very much.

1 Like

Should worth with the external drive. My guess is its the “#” or maybe the File Sharing settings need to be checked again. Did you set this part up as well?

Yep. I did but will recheck and try to eliminate the # from the name. Have another question. Is there a way to eject an external HD from the Nucleus other than just yanking the cord? Not seeing an option.

I’m not familiar enough with Nucleus to answer that. My Core is on Ubuntu and I actually have my network shares mounted under Ubuntu so Roon sees them as “local” even though they are not.

Roger. Thanks again for the help.

Want to keep a copy of this discussion for future reference. Does it stay on the forum site or is there an option to email it or otherwise copy? Thanks.

It remains on the forum, but it may not be visible without a search for this topic.

Okay. I’ll make a link. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Now trying to do a Core database backup to an External HD connected by USB directly to the Nucleus. Figured this is probably the best way to do these backups going forward. This should be fairly simple but keep getting an error message “cannot find the backup directory”. I’m trying to do a manual backup to a folder titled “RoonBackup”. What am I missing. Assume you can do backups to more than one device at a time. Thanks for any suggestions.

Think I figured it out. The HD is formatted for Mac OS. Nucleus won’t read to that format.

1 Like

exFat should be readable by both, if you are trying to keep this external drive usable between the two systems.

1 Like

got it. thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.