Backup not found

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon 1.6 B667, Linux

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connection

Description Of Issue

My backup I made yesterday before reinstalling Roon is not found, although it is available on Dropbox in the directory Roonbackups. Now I lost all my tags, covers and favorites.
Any suggestion how to read the backup which exists on Dropbox but is not found by Roon.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Hegel HD30 USB

Hi @Mike_Agsteribbe — Sorry for the trouble here!

When restoring backups, we find that it is best to download the backup from Dropbox rather than complete the restore from Dropbox. If you download the RoonBackups folder from Dropbox to a USB drive and connect that to the Core does that allow you to restore things properly?

Thanks!

Thanx for the suggestion, but Dropbox has no longer an option to download the backupfiles to an USB drive. This is a well known problem of Dropbox which makes it in fact useless.
Any other solution?

Hello @Mike_Agsteribbe, are you able to download the files to your computer and move said file to a USB then try the restore process? Let me know!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.