Backup not working

current Roon on a nucleus core with a internal ssd(extra) and an external hard drive using ethernet

I want to backup onto external drive… roon sees the drive and its folders… but will not let me back up to it(this disk is unchanged since I backed up roon from my mac before. Its the same drive I restored to my nucleus from… the same drive I transferred my music from.

All other things working fine(internal ssd working great), I just can’t back up.

It is already directly plugged into the nucleus

I meant I am not using wifi

I was just describing how I am networked. But yes, the external drive is directly connected to nucleus via usb

This is usually because of the disk format.

From ROCK: Storage Basics (Note: The Nucleus is basicaly running ROCK [with some tweaks]):

USB Storage - Best Practice

If you’re going to directly connect a USB drive to your Core, you will have some options about how you want to format your drive.

We recommend USB drives connected to ROCK be formatted exFAT if you requires compatibility, or EXT4 if you don’t.

Advantages of using exFAT include:

• Cross platform compatibility (macOS, Windows, Linux)
  • No real limits on drive size or file size

ROCK will also work with NTFS ,FAT32, and EXT2/3/4 drives, but if you are starting fresh with USB storage, our recommendation would be to use exFAT.

And from Prepare your Storage and Audio Devices for Nucleus:

1. Devices connected directly to Nucleus by USB
    If your music is stored on an external USB drive, plug it into your Nucleus now. Nucleus supports USB drives pre-formatted as EXT2/3/4, VFAT/FAT32/FAT16/exFAT, NTFS, or HFS/HFS+. Note that HFS/HFS+ (also known as “Mac OS Journaled”) is read-only, which means that Nucleus will not be able to make changes or store new music [1] on the USB drive.

[1] or store backups

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.