Backup original database from USB external drive connected to NAS to Nucleus

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

A USB SSD connected to QNAP NAS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

BT Hub. Everything connected by ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Up until now I have been use Roon with my Core and database on an external USB drive connected to my NAS. I did the because the drive is a SSD whereas the NAS were spinning disks. I had the NAS with my library of music plugged in by usb to my music streamer/DAC. Everything worked fine, but the NAS was too noisy next to my music system.

So, I bought a Nucleus and have tried to do a back up of the database to it from the SSD but can’t seem to do it, maybe because my database is already on an external drive and Roon advise to do a back up to an external drive before transferring that backup to the Nucleus. So how do I get that backup on to my Nucleus?

I might add that in getting in to a tangle with this I may already have lost my original database, I’m not sure (though I haven’t scrubbed the original on the SSD.)

Please help! Thank you.
Philip

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.