Backup problem when I try to back up to my Mac

I have Roon version 1.6 (build 475) stable (64 bit).

Thanks, @Klaus_Hansen.

Moving forward, please try the following:

• Reboot your Core machine
  • Try to make a backup
  • Make a note of the time the backup fails
  • Respond here with that time in your local timezone

Once we have the timestamp I’ll enable diagnostics so we can take a closer look.

When I try to make a backup then it comes right away with the message “Error loading folder Not available”. So about one second at 13.44

Thanks @Klaus_Hansen,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi @Klaus_Hansen,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping you could access the advanced option in the Innuos settings to download the Roon logs and send it over to us via a shared Dropbox link.

I have send the Roon logs to you.

Hi @Klaus_Hansen,

I didn’t see a message come in with the logs — How did you send them over? Can you share a link to them here?

Any news on this?

Hi @Klaus_Hansen,

Apologies for the delay here. I looked at this with the team and we saw some networking errors that are likely resulting in this issue.

First, can you confirm that “Windows File Sharing” is enabled for the account in System Preferences > Sharing > Options?

If that doesn’t change anything, next we are hoping you can try the following:

1. Use the Mac as your Core machine
  2. Try to back up to the same path as the Innuos Core

Are you able to back up from the Mac when doing so?

What do you mean by " Use the Mac as your Core machine " ? I’m pretty sure that’s what I’m doing already.

I can back up to the same path as the Innuos Core.

Hi @Klaus_Hansen,

The Innuos is currently your Roon Core, correct? Can you share a screenshot of Settings > General?

Hi @Klaus_Hansen,

You’re currently using the Innuos as the Core as shown here (zen).

If you click Disconnect, you should have the option to choose This Mac. When you do this, and you try to make a backup over the network the same as with the Innuos, is there any change?

When I disconnect I can choose my Core and when I press use this mac I need to log in with username and password and when I do, a message will appear.

@Klaus_Hansen — You can move between which Core is authorized at any point, so for now, you can click Unauthorize next to the Zen.

Yes I can back up to my Mac after this.

Just to verify, are you using the exact same path as before, @Klaus_Hansen? i.e. a network path of \\192.168.0.2\Roon_Backup?

Yes I use \192.168.0.2\Roon_Backup

Thanks for confirming, @Klaus_Hansen.

Before moving back to the Innuos, I’m hoping you can do the following:

1. Take a screenshot of System Preferences > Sharing > Options
  2. Take a screenshot of the backup settings on the Mac Core

Share those here and I’ll have next steps — Thanks!