Backup Roon not possible

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuos Zenith Mk 3 with running Roon core

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet (on MAC IOS)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB between Streamer/DAC

Description Of Issue

1. It failed several times to do a backup into my dropbox - system crashed and did not do the whole backup (useless unfortunately afterwards). Extremly slow data transfer.

2. I was also not able to get access to any other storage (e.g. my iMac) - so no choice to add any backup

3. I an not sure if Ronn backup could be done on an Innuos player using a typical external backup HDD installed on the streamer (also that one was not visible for me in Roon)- failed again.

4. Even restoring any backup via an USB stick would be a solution how would I am able to have access to the stick on Zenith?

Finally I am NOT able to do any backup for my Roon database when going to change into a new system in a few days and this is very annoying.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Any usable manual to find anywhere (unfortunately not on your homepage)?

Hi @Frank_Czernik,

Unfortunately USB drives attached to Zenith machines aren’t able to be used as backup locations. For information about backing up with Innuos devices, please see this post:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.