Backups working, but not showing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacPro (Early 2008) running MacOS 10.11.6
Roon 1.7 (710)

Description Of Issue

I have scheduled backups to an internal, but separate, hard drive set up in Roon. The backups run nightly at 2am and all evidence suggests that they are running smoothly. To confirm, I just forced a backup and it completed successfully. This is also confirmed by the modified date on the backups folder in the filesystem.

However, when I go to view my backups in Roon, the latest one it shows is from over a week ago (the list is scrolled to the end in the below screenshot).

Any ideas?

I do notice no Build 710 backups exist, so maybe it’s related to that?

Hello @jtnt,

Could you please send us a copy of your backups folder here? Please let me know when you’ve had a chance to upload this so I can have our QA team take a look for you. Also, are you able to make a backup successfully to other locations?

Welcome to the club. I have encountered and reported a similar problem.

Roon Backup logic is riddled with errors.

Thanks for the reply - and apologies (the first of two) for my delayed response.

I feel really stupid, but this was user error. When I went to “Find Backups” I was inadvertantly going to a manual backup of my backups folder, not the location where Roon is actively backing up each night. When I go to the right drive, all the backups show up. Fancy that!

:man_facepalming:

You can disregard this support request. Sorry for the trouble.

Hello @jtnt, no worries! Just glad things are working again. Please let us know if you have any further issues, we’re happy to help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.