Bad Brightness / Contrast on Android Samsung S6/S9 since update to 913 [Improvements released in build 933]

Hi, since the update to 913, the brightness/contrast on my Samsung S9 is very bad.

What can I do?

:mega: Staff Note: :mega:

1 Like

Switch to “light” theme …

Hi, it´s the same…

This issue is similar to my issue on a Galaxy Tab S6, my remote app flickers after installing build 913. It flickers between the normal color tone of the themes and what appears to be a problem here.

Hi @Michael_Schmitt,

Does making slight adjustments to your display settings or restarting the device help in any way?

Hello, I restarted the Samsung S9 - nothing changed. I set the brightness to maximum - nothing changed, see screenshot.

1 Like

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No change

On my Galaxy Tab A7 the app works normally.

I restarted the Galaxy Tab S6 and the flickering issue disappeared but now the app GUI is in the same situation reported in this thread (“high contrast”).

Changing the brightness settings or turning off auto brightness does not resolve the issue.

I’ve exactly the same problem on my Samsung S6 after 913 update, tried changing from dark mode to light rebooted device, increased the brightness all with no success. Problem seems to be only on my Samsung, android phone and Windows laptop all working OK

Android Remote Build 913

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 SM-P610 / Android 11 / ONE UI 3.1

Description of Issue

After updating the app to Build 913 the GUI is flickering between normal color tones and a slightly darker color tone (light or dark mode).

I tried to force stop the application, clear the cache, uninstall and reinstall the application… the problem persists and only came up with this build 913!

The issue is similar to the one reported in the following thread (my remote app flickers):

@support
This tablet is the main remote of my installation and this flickering app problem is not comfortable for the eyes!
Is there a way to revert the installation to the previous Android build until your team solves the problem?

I restarted the Galaxy Tab S6 and the flickering issue disappeared but now the app GUI is in the same situation (“high contrast”) reported by Michael_Schmitt.

Changing the brightness settings or turning off auto brightness does not resolve the issue.

Hey Luis,

We are looking into your issue and will get back soon. thx

Hi @Michael_Schmitt / @LuisG / @David_Carter ,

I’ve activated diagnostics on your Android devices, can you please open the Roon app on the devices, use the app for at least 2 minutes and then heart my post :heart: once you’ve done so, so that I know to check for your Roon logs? Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi Noris,

Have followed your instructions, when I opened Roon a red triangle is showing which says “Metadata improver paused” “check Internet connection and ensure your running latest version of roon” I am running latest version 913 and Internet connection running OK.

Hi @noris
Thanks for the diagnostic procedure.

In the meantime, I send you more information about the behavior of the app on my tablet:

• If I take a screenshot of the app to record the problem, the resulting image does not have any contrast issues;
  • And, the problem only arises when the app is maximized on the screen in full use. The problem disappears as soon as I start to minimize the app to switch to another app.

This issue does not appear in two other remotes: Samsung S20 / Huawei P20

Hi @noris, i did it.

Checking in to report I have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 lite.

@noris

The issue was not resolved in build 918