Band "Sounds Like Winter" release "Fight the Stairs" not available

I added files of Band “Sounds Like Winter” LP “Fight the Stairs” to Roon, and I get a generic grey album logo. Tried Album Editor - Identify Album, but it is not coming up either. Other titles of band are showing up, but not their recent 2021. It is on Discogs:

Is there a way for enduser to manually add releases, or import them from Discogs?

Hello @Daniel_Geiger

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you about this, sorry about that.

It looks like this album title is in Roon’s database now. There may have been some lag before metadata was available, that could explain why it wasn’t recognized initially.

When this occurs you can default to using the tags you have embedded in your files by clicking the ellipsis to the right of the Play now button in Roon, and then select edit. There you can choose to Prefer file metadata. This will allow you to utilize your file metadata and artwork until the album info is updated by streaming service and metadata providers.

Thanks for looking into this. I tried to “identify” the album, but it still is not coming up. I currently have a default disc image. I click in the ellipsis next to the album, click edit at end of drop down, click “identify album” at top, and no match comes up. Then clicked “none of these look right” and still no match.
Also tried eclipses, edit, re-identify album further down. No success.
How do I navigate in a targeted approach to that Tidal listing?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I posted a question about a certain album not showing. Roon suggested a solution, but it does not work at my end. Now thread was automatically closed, so there is no option to replying. Weird. So I am posting new thread. Not sure what else to do. I think there is a link to the old thread below. All this is new to me, so accept apologies for any errors in handling this.

Thanks for looking into this. I tried to “identify” the album, but it still is not coming up. I currently have a default disc image. I click in the ellipsis next to the album, click edit at end of drop down, click “identify album” at top, and no match comes up. Then clicked “none of these look right” and still no match.
Also tried eclipses, edit, re-identify album further down. No success.
How do I navigate in a targeted approach to that Tidal listing?

Continuing the discussion from Band "Sounds Like Winter" release "Fight the Stairs" not available:

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

I can’t figure out what file type you ripped it to. If it’s a wav there could be trouble with the metadata. Try ripping it in flac and import it again in your libary.