Banned Tracks/Artists Not Recognized as Banned in ARC [Ticket In]

I was excited to see that ARC has a ban this artist/album/track feature but I can’t get it to work. Is this a placeholder for a future function? Also, it would be amazing if this feature were added to Roon (as many folks have requested).

1 Like

Roon has had this feature since day 1. It should be working in ARC, just like it works in Roon.

Looks like this feature is not actually working in ARC. We’ll get this fixed for an upcoming release.

4 Likes

Actually another correction, the feature is working, but we aren’t properly showing the banned state.

1 Like

I’ve tried using the block artist function, but it has no impact on Roon Radio, which is where I (and apparently a lot of other people) would most like to see it. And the closest I’ve seen to banning or blocking tracks is the thumbs down option, which doesn’t work to prevent tracks from playing ever again.

It’s not working for me, unless I’m misunderstanding the functionality. I banned Gasoline by HAIM and Taylor Swift and I can still see it and play it.

1 Like

Banning an artist doesn’t prevent you from manually navigating and playing an artist. It’s only meant to affect things like Roon Radio. The functionality of bans hasn’t changed at all for ARC.

But it doesn’t affect Roon Radio.

It does, but there is some grey area here due to the role of artist.

If you have an example, open up a support topic in the #support area. We’ll look into it.

Support request here

I opened up a support topic as you suggested, asked for help several times, and nobody looked into it.

Banned tracks are not working for me in arc at all. I have a bunch of instrumental tracks at the end of albums all banned in roon on pc and they don’t play when it gets to them on pc but in arc they don’t show as banned and they still play.

1 Like

NUC i5
All devices connected through ethernet
Bluesound Nodes, Cambridge CXNv2, BluOS dongle through NAD T758v3i
Small FLAC library–almost all music is streaming through Tidal

Roon Radio acts like a playlist rather than a radio. The same artists and tracks play repeatedly, and even when I block them (Bebe Rexha, Elton John, Camila Cabello, Anne-Marie and others), they continue to appear. Similarly, “I don’t like this track” has no effect.

I have added songs or albums to my library just to block certain artists (I still don’t understand why it’s necessary to have something in my library that I want to block) and the unwanted artists and tracks continue to play in Roon Radio.

I have submitted several requests for help with this issue but it never gets resolved.

Following up on this. Roon @support, do you have any suggestions?

Trying again. Roon @support could you please respond and help me with this?

They won’t respond because they don’t have a fix and it’s not a bug it’s a fact.

Radio is fundamentally broken; it plays the same tracks in the same order and no matter how many times you skip tracks you get it all again the next time.

1 Like

It does seem like we’ll all just have to accept that. Really disappointing. If Roon support acknowledged that they don’t know how to fix this or don’t intend to, that would be better than asking users to submit support requests and ignoring them. Not what I’d expect from a supposedly premium service.

There are so many baffling issues here: the inclusion of a ban track/album/artist tool that you can only select if the music you don’t want to hear is in your library, the tool doesn’t actually ban the undesired music except for in radio or playlists (and even then it doesn’t work right), thumbs down and “I don’t like this track” tools that are left out of/inconveniently placed in mobile apps and don’t seem to do anything when used with other devices, etc. So much for the advertised “Roon Radio curates music based on your tastes.”

1 Like

This is a big and we need to fix it. There is no workaround.

1 Like

Thank you for the acknowledgement. Look forward for a better performing Radio function.

I am having a similar challenge. Roon Radio, and its ability to discover unheard music, was a big reason for my lifetime subscription. Please advise, Roon.

1 Like