Basic question - what does Add to Library do?

Sorry for the really basic question, but I’m not sure I’m going to keep Tidal after my 3-month trial period. What does Add to Library actually do? If I’m no longer a Tidal subscriber, do any albums I’ve added to my library disappear?

I still prefer to have actual music files on my hard drives wherever possible.

Thanks!

It will put the album in your Roon collection as though you owned it. When you look at your overview, you’d see your local albums plus that Tidal album you added to your library. It also favorites the album in the Tidal app itself. If you cancel Tidal, these albums will disappear from your Roon collection.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the quick and definitive answer, Rob!

I feel the same way. If I use the add to library and like the music enough then it’s time or order the CD or download the file. Tidal/Qobuz integration is great with Roon for discovering new music and I plan to keep those subscriptions. But who knows what the future will bring. I will always have my music files.

I think it just adds a link in your database to the music file. The files are not downloaded to your library.

Thanks Mike! I think that’s what I’m going to use my Tidal trial for, to “audition” new music that I’ll eventually buy.