BBC AAC stream not being recognised by Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10
Latest Roon build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Bog standard Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Any of the DACs in my home - all standard stuff

Description Of Issue

BBC Radio 3 AAC stream no longer being recognised by Roon Radio. Lower bit rates are fine. The AAC stream is functioning in other contexts (eg web), it seems to be a Roon issue.

Hi @Tim_Chapman,

Is this a stream from the directory or a URL that you added manually? Can you share the specific URL with us?

Thanks!

I can play the BBC Radio 3 96kbps AAC stream fine. The 320kbps stream is blocked by geofencing since I am in the US.

I can play all 3 Radio 3 streams from the main directory here in UK.

1 Like

It’s the higher bit rate AAC stream. Based in the UK, so hard to understand.
The problem exists using both the Roon preset and a web sourced link.

What about the corresponding streams for BBC Radios 1,2,and 4?

I am playing BBC Radio 2 via Roon now. Aac 24/48

OK - so the problem was affecting all BBC high rate AAC feeds for me.
However, the problem has magically gone away (current USA presidents dream for coronavirus)!
Maybe because I rebooted my Rock a few times when reorganising my office. Maybe because something happened to fix the problem.
Whatever the case…problem gone for now. It made me realise how much I rely on the BBC high bit rate feeds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Strange, but we won’t quibble. If it happens again, let us know. In the meantime, enjoy the Beeb.

This topic was automatically closed after 50 days. New replies are no longer allowed.