BBC feeds not playing again?

Good morning Brian.

No, I still have the same problem so I am going to see if I can get those particular BBC sites to open on other software and if they don’t then I looking to find out what is causing the blockage.

So AAC is ok (Radio Paradise is fine), BBC MP3 feeds are good, it is just the AAC feeds.

I should find time later today and I will report back.

Thanks - Terry

I have just typed the address that Roon shows for R4LW AAC 360:

https://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_fourlw.m3u8

into VLC and it plays fine as a stream Brian.

I did get the lower rate one to start in Roon, it takes about ten seconds to start (buffer) but it dies after five seconds, and I have tried it three times with the same result. It does switch the amp on via AirPlay plays 5 then stops

Puzzling - Terry

I think it’s best if we bring in the professionals. I’m moving this over to the #support category and pinging @support. They can take a look at your logs and get a view on what’s going on.

I know you’ve given some description of your setup, but to give support a clear start, can you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

Intel NUC
Version 1.8 (build 790) stable
Running 2 days, 20 hours, 38 minutes, 14 seconds

Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Running 235 days, 18 hours, 50 minutes, 36 seconds.

Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)

Draytek PoE switches. CAT5 cabling

Audio devices in use

Logitech Touch, Yamaha amp, Yamaha mixer

Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Netgear NAS

Thanks for the details, @TerryD, and thanks @BrianW for the great assistance so far!

I’d like to start by taking a look at logs. Can you try starting playback of one of these stations, make a note of the time it fails as well as the station you tried, and then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)?

I’ll take a look at those logs and follow up once we’ve been able to analyze them.

1 Like

Good morning Dylan.

Thanks for the response and yes, Brian has been great.

I have zipped up the files but I thought that I would use Firefox Send, but it appears that they have shut that service down. I don’t have a dropbox. Can you PM another option please?

Thanks - Terry

Nudge please .

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.