BBC internet radio stations no longer play

As your core is on a Qnap, I think it’s worth pinging @crieke to see if he has any ideas.

1 Like

Hi @Chrislayeruk,

Do you have another PC you can try to use as a Roon Core?
Is the QNAP the only Core affected?

I havnt tried another core, I normally only use the qnap

I am trying to log in on a Windows PC but the logging in symbol just hangs. if I try to re set the password, that hangs also and no email arrives.
I have used the laptop, windows 10, in the past as a Roon core.

Update, I have managed to run Roon core on my windows 10 laptop and can still not get BBC Radio aac stations. I can play MP3 48Khz24bit 2ch 128kbps.

The aac streams are not even clickable on the relevant page in Roon.

I have AAC 48Khz BBC 5 live playing but the 360 Kbps link is not clickable

The search function via this PC is terrible. I cannot find many UK National BBC radio stations either. Radio 4, Radio 3 etc should just jump out at you if you select the England location?

To answer your question, it looks like the QNAP core is not the only one effected

I am using a Rock as my core but I cannot access the BBC Radio stations either. Since yesterday’s update they no longer play. I am not based in the UK, but I could access the 128kbps mp3 streams. Now, I can only get these stations to play the 96kbps AAC streams. Except for BBC Radio 4e, which does not even have a 96kbps AAC stream.

When I use Bluesound I have no problem playing these stations. Why has the Roon update blocked these streams?

Chris, as you know, there is a problem with BBC https mp3 streams at present. I’ve temporarily added a bbc6 http 320 stream for you to try. You’ll see it as the 319k version.

Can you play that?

Sadly, they still don’t play. “playback was interupted beacause a track failed to load”.

Can you play other stations?

I’ve just tried about 30 different stations from all over the world. Only 4 or 5 played, including a low res stream from the BBC! No other BBC stream would play, low bitrate or high bitrate.

Then I am also sorry to tell you that you have the same problem as @Chrislayeruk. It may be QNAP related but I don’t think that’s confirmed.

Moving this to #support

@crieke - I think you are already looking at a similar problem in another thread?

OK, I have a powerful PC. Would it be worth running the core on the PC to see whether it is QNAP related?

Yes. Please do.

1 Like

OK, Windows Roon is still counting up my tunes but I have already been able to confirm that Radio 2 and Norfolk are now working.

On my QNAP TS-453Be, the “France Musique” channels are blocked after the update to qts 4.5.1.
very bad.

Mine is also on 4.5.1 but I’ve only had it for 5 days so updated to 4.5.1 straight away.

By the way: I have 3 “hardware” internet receivers here in the house. All 3 receive the channels of “france musique” perfectly.

Non of these are working for me with QNAP core. They didn’t work when I tired a windows core also.

I have the same problem with BBC Radio 3, 4, 4e and 5. Since yesterday’s update they no longer play. I am not based in the UK, but I could access the 128kbps mp3 streams. However, now these don’t play anymore. I can only get these stations to play the 96kbps AAC streams. Except for BBC Radio 4e, which does not even have a 128kbps mp3 stream.

Why has the Roon update broken these links? And will they be made available again?

Indeed, I see that only the AAC 96kbps stream for BBC Radio 3 is now working; the AAC320kbps and MP3 128kbps streams return errors.

I’m the the Netherlands.

Hi Geoff, I am also experiencing this in the Netherlands

The mp3 128 stream was indeed broken. The https link was being refused. I’ve changed it to an http link which works (for me). I’ll check the other stations later.

The 320 stream will never work for non-uk people. As I mentioned above it’s geo-restricted but because of a problem with Roon applying the restriction incorrectly I’ve taken the flag off (in Roon) temporarily. The BBC will still apply the restriction.