BBC Radio 6 Music MetaData no longer showing ( outside of UK ?)

Anyone else seeing the same issue ? The currently shipping streams in Roon for BBC Radio 6 Music seem to have stopped showing Metadata in past week(s)? I haven’t been able to find any replacements that work - the metadata is still being shown by https://radio-metadata.fr/ui/#!/0?socketid=lMwuni6C2BEUqEMFAABF for example, but I can’t seem to find the stream addresses there any more as they don’t seem discoverable inside Roon

Thanks!

Sorry, yes, I updated my server and it caused some issues on the Roon side. Hopefully this will be solved in the next hours (@nathan working on it). Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Oh ! Thanks so much - are your streams the ones that are referred to directly in the official stations list through some sort of indirection, or will I need to add your own stream URL directly into the stations list, Rémi ? ( all I see in Roon for Radio 6 are the bbcmedia.co.uk or bbci.co.uk stream links )

Yes, nothing to do on the user side, integration of metadata with the streams is done by your Roon server and presented to you. Hold on for a while until the bug is resolved, I am trusting @nathan on this one.
The positive: people like you (or me) do miss the feature when it’s gone, which means it’s a good feature :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this affecting the Metadata service for RTE stations also?

Yes all stations are affected… Fix is on its way… Sorry for the inconvenience

Problem solved, metadata flowing again.

2 Likes

Works perfectly thanks so very much for doing this I am so very very grateful of all the work you have done over the years in this space !

This topic was automatically closed after 10 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.