Beeps between tracks with Qobuz but not with own files

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmwnQ_xc4ziuhvVLjxGlp8WOZsIRbQ?e=N5i99Y

Does this link work?

Further information - there are also no beeps when accessing Tidal

No beeps when accessing hard drive files

So this is clearly a Roon/Qobuz interface problem

Also I cut out Roon entirely by using Auralic’s own Lightning software - there were no beeps

Hi @Ken_Talbot

I tried to open up the logs, but I got errors every time I tried to unzip them using any software. Can you try sending them again? You can upload them here:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9lzhD-LVTzf

Just uploaded them

and again unzipped - beeps all the time, even during a track - but specifically at 21.50 last night more than 3 times

Hi @Ken_Talbot

I took a look at the logs you uploaded. Everything is looking good there for all of the examples I looked at — Not seeing any errors or other issues that stand out as a potential problem here.

I do notice that you’re playing to a grouped zone in all cases though — If you play to each of the zones individually do they both exhibit this problem?

The auralic zone - which is my main high res end point is where the problem is.

If I play to this alone I have the beeps

If I play to any other end points - grouped or not - there is no beep

It only occurs with auralic via Roon to Qoubz. I have tried both an Auralic Altair & a Vega - same problem

Any other combination there are no beeps

No beeps with hard drive or Tidal

For the avoidance of doubt if I play to a grouped zone - no other end points, other than the auralic one, has beeps

Have you rebooted the network equipment including the router?

Yes Ged thanks, a few times

So I have the router, a ROCK, a Parasound Power Amp and an auralic pre-amp.

If I were to power all off, what advice would you give re the order in which to power them up again

Router first, then power then pre then Rock.

Thanks Ged, did that problem remains though

@dylan what steps are you taking to solve this problem for me

I don’t think you’ve posted the audio settings for the device. Can you do that and as screen shot of the signal path

Is this what you mean Ged?

Thanks

Try taking the various settings off, one by one. I’d start with speaker distance.

Sorry Ged to appear awkward

The problem initially started on an Aurlaic Altair - tried turning off all settings but it made no difference

So my local audio store have loaned me an Auralic Vega to see if the problem remained - it did with no settings other than factory settings - changed the settings and problem still there

Thank you for your support because Roon support really has been very poor

When are you going to answer me? - the beeping is now constant throughout a track

Is there anybody there?

@support HELLO, HELLO is there anybody there?

Hey @Ken_Talbot,

I am really sorry that our replies aren’t as fast as you and us would want them to be. Please know that your request was not overlooked and that we’re actively working to reply to every request we receive.

I’ve gotten in touch with our technical team so they can continue to help out.

Please, bear with us a little longer :pray: