Behavior on NAS reconnection?

We are in the midst of a heatwave here and when the temp got to 110 in the garage the NAS (one, but only one, of the sources of music for Roon) was shutdown.

Roon correctly noted that the NAS was offline, and that the other, indoors and relatively cool, was still online.

Early this morning I started the garage server again. Added a few files that had been ripped / purchased in the meantime. I noticed that Roon has started - as if from scratch - ‘Adding Music To Library’ and appears to be doing it for all tracks. The pathnames and sources have not changed, the machine just appeared back online. This seems very odd.

To add insult to injury, about every 20 minutes or so the queue I have built and am playing is abruptly thrown away, and when I check Roon tells me there is ‘Nothing Queued’. There was!

Cheers

Hi @Graham_Bird ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your observations with us. Both are very appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, I would like to have our techs take a closer look into this by grabbing some logs from you. May I kindly ask you to please follow the instructions found here and send us over a set of your Roon logs.

Furthermore, can you please provide the details of your setup, as seen here so we have a better understanding of what you’re currently working with.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Attached:

Log Files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/559jutn45s3fnx6/GrahamBird_Roon_Logfile.zip?dl=0

Hi @Graham_Bird ----- Thank you for touching base with me, confirming that the logs have been received. Once our techs have completed their evaluation of the traces found in your logs, I will be sure to share the team’s findings with you asap.

Your patience is very appreciated!
-Eric

Hi @Graham_Bird ----- Thank you for your patience while our techs have been evaluating the traces found in the provided logs.

Moving forward, the team has asked me to gather the following information from you to help aide in their understanding of what could be causing this behavior to occur. Please see below.

• At any point did you disable or remove that watch folder(s) which were mounted in the application from the mentioned NAS that shutdown?

• In regard to the path(s) to the mentioned watch folder(s), has this been adjusted at all or are the path names exactly the same as they were before the shutdown occurred?

-Eric

HI Eric,

In each case nothing was changed. The only event(s) that happened were that the NAS went away and was later restarted.

Cheers

Thanks for the insight, @Graham_Bird! I will let our techs know.

-Eric

Hi @Graham_Bird ---- Thank you for your patience and my sincere apologies for the wait here.

Moving forward, I wanted to touch base and see if any new observations or progress has been made here.

Furthermore, I wanted to let you know that our team has an understanding of the reported behavior (i.e losing files and then rescanning on NAS storage) and are vigorously testing a fix in our QA lab. While I can not guarantee that the mentioned fixed will apart of the next release, I would recommend keeping an eye out on our release notes to confirm it’s deployment.

-Eric

A post was split to a new topic: NAS Connection Lost, USB drive connected to NAS still present

Thanks for the update.

Cheers