Belkin Soundform Connect not being found in Roon audio setting

Roon Core Machine

NUC i7 running 8bg RAM 120 SSD on Rock Version 1.0 (build 227) stable running server Version 1.8 (build 806) stable. Additional 256gb SSD internally installed.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ruining across 5 Linksys Velop Nodes mix of wired and wireless endpoints but server wired. Broadband router Fritz box 7460.

Connected Audio Devices

12 x Bose ST10 on WiFi/airplay
1 x Bose ST20 wired/airplay
1 x node 2i wired
1 x Denon avr3600 wired
1 x Denon Ceol 10 wired
1 x Denon 716s sound bar wireless
1 x DAC 32 squeezebox wireless
2 x Bose ST wirelsss adaptor running speakers
3 x Apple TV 4K - connected in Roon but not used
1 x Belkin soundform connect AirPlay 2 usb c dongle

Library Size

3000 albums

Description of Issue

The Belkin soundform connect device is new to market as a usb-c powered airplay 2 device. I have successfully connected to same network but does not show up as an endpoint on Roon under audio. I have performed a reboot of the Rock, server and tried adding on Mac, iPad and iPhone but does not work with any.

While it is Airplay 2 I thought they were backward compatible with airplay, could there be a tweak I need to make so it shows up in Roon?

Thanks,
Neil

The clue is in it being Airplay2. Roon doesn’t support Airplay 2 only legacy Airplay, does this device support legact Airplay? I would check with Belkin they may only have made it support Airplay 2.

1 Like

Yes - just spoke with Belkin and not Airplay backwards compatible only Airplay 2- so going straight back, as I have little need for Airplay 2 with Roon fully supporting Airplay and doing a good job of it too.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Continuing the discussion from Belkin Soundform Connect not being found in Roon audio setting:

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I have the Belkin Soundform Connect, and whilst it is an airplay 2 device, it does appear to fallback to Airplay, either way, it works.

1 Like

Hi @sibee75,

Not a problem, thank you for the report. We’ll follow up shortly once we’ve investigated diagnostics.

Hi there,

Did you have to do any special configurations to find it on Roon?

Thank you!

Confirmed that works perfectly well! You just have to upgrade the FW using the Form app on an IOS device. (it does not work on Android devices!)

Obsolete speaker brought back to life!!!