Benchmark DAC2 HGC no WASAPI Driver

I have a Benchmark DAC2 HGC running through USB from my windows 10 machine. Using Tidal or my locally stored higher res files I am able to easily achieve 24/192 playback through the Benchmark driver. I just installed Roon and at first was unable to achieve any playback. When I played a track, it would simply indicate that it was playing it for a second then move through all of the other tracks in the playlist quickly. Eventually I stumbled upon the zones and found that there were two zones for the Benchmark. This makes some sense because the DAC2 will play through USB at lower resolution without an additional driver and, if you want full resolution through USB you have to download and install the Benchmark driver. I can play Roon fine through one of the two, which uses ASIO, but if I change the zone to the other Benchmark zone which indicates is WASAPI, I get the same problem I originally had. Moreover, when I open the Device settings for the WASAPI driver, under “playback” and try to select “Exclusive Mode” I get the message that “This device does not appear to support stereo playback at any sampling rate. This may indicate a bug in the device or its driver, or that Roon encountered a problem while determining device capabilities.” Please help. Thank youl.

@support Just looping in @support

Hi @David_Pisciotta ---- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made while using Roon with the DAC2.

Moving forward, during your troubleshooting of this behavior have you tried reinstalling the DAC2 driver and furthermore, when you installed the driver the first time around was “USB audio 2.0” set on the DAC 2 during installation as mentioned on Benchmark’s website:

Important: The USB mode on the DAC2 and DAC3 must then be set to USB AUDIO 2.0 MODE before completing the driver installation. Please note that the DAC ships with the USB mode set to the driverless USB AUDIO 1.1 MODE.”

-Eric