Best routine practices for Roon maintenance

I installed a Nucleus (non-+) a few weeks ago and am enjoying the experience.

I had a few hiccups in the last few days with Tidal streaming and did some research about ways to correct it, assuming my network was not the issue and is operating efficiently.

Some suggestions from Roon posters included:
*Signing out of Tidal and signing back in
*Restarting the Core
*Restarting the network

Thus, my question today: is it a good idea to periodically do the above three things to keep things fresh within the Roon eco-system?

Michael this is just one man’s opinion so here goes. I have never signed out and in to Tidal. My Tidal always works for me. My Core runs on a QNAP TVS-471 NAS. The only time I ever restart my Core is when QNAP pushes a firmware update. I NEVER restart my network. Never felt that need. Everything in my network is wired except for my iPad which I use as a remote. Knock on wood but my system runs and is available 100% of the time with never any downtime. The only time I have ever experienced an issue is when adding a new end point. And that is something I almost never do. Like I sad, one man’s experience.

2 Likes

+1 for @John_Aiello. “If it ain’t broke…”

2 Likes

I have only 4Gig Ram and occasionally I restart the Roon app in my QNAP if the Ram is getting full.

1 Like

How can you tell? Do you experience lag or do you simply check your NASs dashboard periodically?

Personally, my experience mirrors @John_Aiello

1 Like

If I get any issues, I check the dashboard and it’s in the red. So now I periodically check. If I have friends coming over, I restart the app prior to this to avoid the possibility of problems.

1 Like

Thanks Chris, can you expand RAM in your NAS?
I’ve never seen this behaviour, even with my cheap’n’nasty AMD E-350 low power Rock, which has 4Gb RAM.

1 Like

I will expand it some time, but it’s not that much of an issue. Roon on my QNAP has been really reliable for me so far.

1 Like

@John_Aiello John, thanks, helpful to know!

1 Like