Best sounding CD ever? Best sounding recordings? Best HiFi albums for audiophiles? Best hi-res albums?

Hi Torben,
I already posted some albums. You need to scroll up a bit. :slight_smile:

Cheers
Knut, a Danish name in the wild south of Germany. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:slight_smile: No Knut is Norwegen - Knud is Danish :slight_smile:

I know you have posted albums :slight_smile: But I was asking for tracks to add to the playlist.

Ha en god aften

Hilsen
Torben

1 Like

This album sounds rather exceptional if you ask me!

19 Likes

yes, indeed. Even the vinyl version of the album is excellent

3 Likes

It is beyond me how an album with an average dynamic range around 8–9 can end up on an best sounding list. Yeah, that Tool album above. Compression bonanza. “Best sounding” cannot be that subjective.

Not sure, if I understand your post correctly, but the Tool album “Fear Inoculum” has a dynamic rage of 13 (vinyl).

1 Like

Great SQ and music: Hadouk Trio - Live a Fip - 2CD Album Konzert 2003

I would love to own it my self :sweat_smile:

Torben

5 Likes

To each their own but to me it sounds pretty darn good. You can look at numbers all you want but when I turn the volume up it makes me smile!

Again, it’s just my opinion :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

This is also a very good sounding album to me, especially the release that was mastered in 256 DSD from the new tape they found!

Link to album!

6 Likes

There is nothing wrong with enjoying the album, I think it is a great one! I just find it hard to argue it having anything but rather mediocre sound quality though. Now I haven’t listened it a long while, but I recall hearing clipping rather easily.

I got it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Torben

7 Likes

Hey Rick…thanks for the post…Long time Diana Krall fan and have all of her albums. But TUTQ is the best recorded album she’s ever done…Maybe even a top Ten all timer…her voice the instrument placings…all just sound sooo good!

1 Like

Looking for Melody Gardot ‎– Some Lessons

Great sound and recording.

Torben

4 Likes

Josefine Cronholm - Wild Garden

4 Likes

Personally I prefer the Girl in the other room.
Will give yours another in depth listening….:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Michael,

You got me to listen to TUTQ last night and I just recognised that “Night and Day” sounds so poor on her vocals. Her voice is either recently burnt out or she had a slight cold…in fact I’m embarrassed that I had never noticed this before its that bad!

I do though also like Girl in the Other Room….What makes this album sound exceptional to me is how her voice seems to not suffer any “electronic” or microphonic” colouring …almost like she’s in the same damn room…spooky sometimes depending on how much conscious altering substances you may have recently ingested :wink:

2 Likes

The soundstaging, clarity and sense of air on this album is stunning. Works best on a system with excellent bass performance and punch.

1 Like

ImtJb8O_d

An amazing piece of artistry and exceptional sound and spatial production.

The highlight track is:

MRzh3vW_d

Thank you all for the suggestions above. I have found some absolute gems!

7 Likes

Been a fan of hers for a while , great album, it is in the 1001 best albums to listen to b4 you die book we were talking about in another thread a few days ago .

3 Likes