Best way to Connect ROON to my Home Theater

I just set it up. Correct no control on tv but info on artist player shows up. I’m controlling with my tablet.

I was going to mention the same thing as Geoff did but forgot…im not sure that you can cast the Android device to the screen while maintaining Roon Audio streaming…but I guess you have/will found/find out that for yourself. For parties and singalongs (when lyrics are in play) its fun but normally mine is off and I am more than happy that the wife can can use the audio/video casting features when she wants something non roon.

I agree, having the TV project any image when listening is typically distracting to me, so yes I will blackout the TV. The sound isn’t as good as if it were a Roon certified product, nor can I take full advantage of MQA recordings, but it is the family room and it brings music there in an easy to use format. I will, when funds are available, upgrade to a certified DAC/Network Streamer. I did watch a Netflix movie last night using the Ultra and this is an added benefit, not that FIOS or my Samsung cannot do the same, but it was nice using the Ultra, it’s innerface is easy to use and allows me to access a lot of other services such as Hulu, YouTube etc. that FIOS cannot but my Samsung can.

Again, I want to thank the knowledge base here for all their help.

1 Like

Simplest solution is to plug the ANDROID TABLET into the Emotiva, because if it works like an iPad, it can function as a Roon client. Use the headphone output to RCA and and boom, you’re done for the cost of a cable. You could also use an OTG cable from the tablet to a USB DAC of many kinds to bump up the sound quality as well, in the future. If you want, use your smartphone as the controller. I use iDevices, but I imagine if Roon is available as an Android app, it is also a client on that device, with the first MQA unfold done by the core. In fact, use it to stream directly into your headphones as a locally networked Roon endpoint, or a truly portable endpoint t you can move about the house.

Hi @Michael_Shapiro,

Seems to me you need a streamer, there are some options other on the market, some of the most common are:

• Raspbary Pi with a Digi dac +
  • Allo Katana
  • Blue sound node 2i

Hope this helps

Filipe