Best way to duplicate my roon database in another location?

Not exactly. You can have multiple cores per account – the amount of licenses is just a counter that determines how many can be active at the same time. You can backup and restore across cores within a an account.

For example: If you have a lifetime and a yearly subscription, you can have two cores running at the same time (license counter set to two). There is no way to control/tell which core is using the yearly and which one is using the lifetime. If you cancel your yearly subscription you will have to de-authorize one core at the end of the subscription period (license counter is now down to one) but it’s up to you to decide which one of the two.

Roundup: Roon cores are account bound (you can’t restore a backup from account A to a core of account B). The amount of active subscriptions (licenses) per account is just a counter that determines how many cores you can use at the same time.
There is no built-in synchronization mechanism in Roon – every Roon Core, even under the same account, runs independent from the other(s) – good for the “His|Hers library” use-case but bad for the “same core, different location” use-case.

No, the number of licenses is how many you pay for. If you have an annual and a yearly subscription, you have paid for two licenses and can run two cores at the same time. I think we’re saying the same thing, but talking past each other. I’m done.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.