Best way to multichannel?

Yes, very few !!! I think the Trinnov Altitude 32 (very $$$$) has 7.1 multichannel inputs and many of the last generation of the Marantz AVRs had them (Denon dc’d the 7.1 inputs a year prior to Marantz). Neither the 2022/2023 Denon or Marantz line has them anymore (not even the fairly high-end Marantz AV 10 AVP). The most recent generation of the Rotel AVR and AVP had the 7.1 inputs, but it looks like Rotel has already dc’d most of their AV products (continuing on with only audio mono/stereo products, except for a 5-channel amp).
That’s why I was in a hurry to acquire used, but almost pristine, Denon AVR-A110 and Marantz AVR SR8015 units before they become nearly impossible to find. It fortunately looks like my Marantz SR8015 has the former AKM DACs and, hopefully, the upgraded HDMI 2.1 board. They were both somewhat over my budget, but, in the past, I’ve previously waited on certain desired components, hoping to get them at a significant discount, and waited too long until they couldn’t be found. So, I took those experiences as a lesson, and pulled the trigger on these two units. Hopefully, I won’t regret it; I have yet to put them into fully functional setups.

How do you like your Parasound Halo P7? I considered that for a while, but, although a very versatile component without any comparable units in the marketplace, it didn’t have exactly what I needed. I have a Topping DM7 Multichannel DAC. The much more expensive exaSound S88 is really what I wanted, but I’m about tapped-out at the moment as far as AV expenses :pensive: :rofl:

The parasound did a marvelous job! Clear, and doesn’t add color.

(I’m selling my exa e38 plus sigma streamer plus teddy pardo lps if you’re interested😀)

1 Like

That’s a reason to grab an AV8805.
7.1channelInput

Consider the Okto DAC8Pro. With its front panel VC, you may not need an AVR/PrePro and, and it also offers a set of AES/EBU inputs. Outstanding value.

2 Likes

Cool! I didn’t know about the Okto. And yes, amps and preamps with RCA /XLR inputs is getting quite rare. Grab one while you can.