BETA release 2018/10/16 (193) now at 218

Hi guys,

As promised here’s a first beta release with the all new remote extension!
This is rebuild from the ground up, to reduce complexity but also provide more flexibility towards the future. (think of things like selecting the zone from the screen itself)

I’m running with this version for a few days, and so far everything seems fine.

Would be great if people can test this, especially those with a rather large set of zones and also regularly use grouped zones.

Oh. As this a new extension you need to re-enable it in Roon.

Thanks!

PS: you need to switch to the beta channel for this.

3 Likes

Is the zone furthermore hard-coded to „Hugo2“?

Djeez… I knew I shouldn’t do this while being ill at home.
Give some time. I’ll fix this within an hour.

Thanks for spotting!

@Axel_Muecher fixed now.

That was fast. Thank you. Get well soon!

1 Like

Hello @spockfish,
thank you for your work.
I changed the display and remote zone to play around with the new build. Both display and remote controlled zone A, I switched them both to zone B.
Right now, I can control playback with the touchscreen, the correct info is shown, the progress indicator works fine. The strange thing is, the remote doesn’t work (it worked fine while in zone A), and the zone selection in the web interface still shows zone A. If I change it to zone B and reboot the pie, zone A is still shown as active in both the Display and Remote tab.

Feedback a6254048c05e3508

Yeah I still need to remove the coupling between the sceen and remote control.
There’s no need anymore to have that in sync.

Thanks for the feedback.

ok @Kopftelefon,

I pushed out an update that fixes this. So from now one you can configure the touchscreen zone completely independant of the remote control zone.

So keep that in mind, changing the zone in the display tab will not change the remote control as well.

@Nathan_Wilkes I also think that this fixes your issue.

1 Like

You’re a machine, @spockfish :star_struck:

Sadly, my remote still doesn’t work in the updated zone (didn’t try any other yet)
Feedback 764772e99851c5d9

just got your feedback. There’s an update waiting for you that fixes this (I hope :wink: )

1 Like

Hey Harry sorry to here your ill. Did you happen pick up a Flirc yet? No pressure.

HI Tim,

Should arrive today.

Regards Harry

1 Like

After I updated to beta 198 my remote dont work anymore @spockfish

Sent feedback 43d0246ed3a03cf8

Harry, extensions don’t run on Ropieee, so this remote extension resides on another RPi or equivalent?

This extension is RoPieee’s own extension and thus runs on RoPieee.

Hi Fredrik,

I’ve pushed out an update that’s gonna provide me a little bit more feedback.
Question: did you reboot after the update?

Regards Harry

@Fredrik_Andersson forget my last response. I already know what your problem is, a space in the zone name.

That’s fixed now, so please update and it should work.

Thanks,

I updated to 200 now and the remote works again. Thanks for the fast response @spockfish

1 Like

Psssttt @Nathan_Wilkes,

Are you already on this release?
afaik you have a rather large set of zones, so that’s potentially a good testing ground.

Not pushing of course :wink:

1 Like

@spockfish, We are at v200 on 7 devices. I am away in Austin this week, so won’t be able to provide feedback until the weekend. (Thanks to my son for making changes for me.)

Also, BTW, with @Jan_Koudijs help figured out that the crashing of grouped zone (old) RoPieee display extensions was causing the alarm clock issues I was having. Reproducible, with logs.