Better use of the playing queue

Hello Roon Team,

it is possible to have direct access to the queue via an entry in the main menu ? The queue feature deserves a better position in terms of planning the music (What do i want listen today ?) and managing them…

Happy New Year (Thx for the iphone/ipad Player support in 1.4!!!)

Sascha

You should have one-click access to the queue by clicking in the bottom area of the screen:

Is there a situation where that doesn’t work for you?

Hi Brian,

thanks… but i know i will forget, thats my problem… The UI is too “clever” and thoughtful…

Is a button with “Queue” or an Entry in the Main Menu not better ? I mean my understanding is that queue is a central part of the Roon system, at least these parts should be in direct access in the main menu or so…

And while wehre at it… is there an switch to disable the vertical scrolling through the albums ? It drives me crazy because also all content is showed up and down within Roon… :slight_smile:

Sascha

Creating duplicate paths for navigating to something like this is generally not good user experience design. The status information for the current zone is so central that it is granted permanent screen real-estate, and the queue ends up even easier to access than stuff in the menu.

The menu is mostly about toplevel navigation of content. The queue is a details view for the current zone’s status. Not crossing those two paradigms is deliberate. We also do not provide access to the volume controls, or the zones list via the menu. Same distinction.

I’m not sure what you mean–the album browser already scrolls horizontally.

Hallo Brian,

thx for the fast reply… regarding the queue think i have to live with it… Ui design is mostly a perspective thing…

Regarding scrolling through the albums… Sorry i meant the other way around… is there an switch to disable the horizontal scrolling through the albums ? It drives me crazy because also all content is showed up and down within Roon… :slight_smile:

Sascha

The music stave icon in the footer is a Queue button.

There is no switch, but we are considering changes to the scrolling for the future.