Biography and Translation

(JPV) #1

Hello,

As soon as the translation of Roon is available in different languages, the question of translation of biographies (artists, composer, genre …) will be asked. You probably already know it.

If I understand the size of your organization, it will be difficult for you to manage the translations of the biographies in all the languages ​​you take care of.

I think that if you give users the right to edit biographies and propose a version in their respective languages, you will be able to provide a multilingual biography base at a fraction of the cost.

You already apply this method with self-evaluation of texts for the translation of Roon, you can extend it to biographies.

Roon users are passionate, I think the quality (and quantity) of the texts would be of high level …
I’m sure you’ve already thought about it, I’d like to hear your analysis on this…

Translated from french by google translation

(Danny Dulai) #2

Agreed, we can look into this… first you have to help us translate to French!

We are looking for a French translation “leader” to help us with some core concepts…

https://translations.roonlabs.net/lang/french/

(JPV) #3

thank you for the answer.
From the beginning, I got involved in French translation.:grinning:
it is true that it remains a very technical part to translate…

(Lutz Gaertner) #4

Hi,

I am also interested to have translations of biography or album information. There is a way to put own text for a genre. Is it possible to use this function also for biography?

Maybe it is possible to use something like Google-Translator.

(Niccolò Terzi) #5

Well, i don’t know. I assume that anybody using roon reads english. a translation is a huge amount of work and time, and i think it would be better for the time being to invest in a better (error-free) music database.

(Сергей Михайлов) #6

And why not be used last.fm multilingual music database instead of translations of biographies, etc.?