Biography and Translation

Hello,

As soon as the translation of Roon is available in different languages, the question of translation of biographies (artists, composer, genre …) will be asked. You probably already know it.

If I understand the size of your organization, it will be difficult for you to manage the translations of the biographies in all the languages ​​you take care of.

I think that if you give users the right to edit biographies and propose a version in their respective languages, you will be able to provide a multilingual biography base at a fraction of the cost.

You already apply this method with self-evaluation of texts for the translation of Roon, you can extend it to biographies.

Roon users are passionate, I think the quality (and quantity) of the texts would be of high level …
I’m sure you’ve already thought about it, I’d like to hear your analysis on this…

Translated from french by google translation

1 Like

Agreed, we can look into this… first you have to help us translate to French!

We are looking for a French translation “leader” to help us with some core concepts…

https://translations.roonlabs.net/lang/french/

1 Like

thank you for the answer.
From the beginning, I got involved in French translation.:grinning:
it is true that it remains a very technical part to translate…

1 Like

Hi,

I am also interested to have translations of biography or album information. There is a way to put own text for a genre. Is it possible to use this function also for biography?

Maybe it is possible to use something like Google-Translator.

Well, i don’t know. I assume that anybody using roon reads english. a translation is a huge amount of work and time, and i think it would be better for the time being to invest in a better (error-free) music database.

And why not be used last.fm multilingual music database instead of translations of biographies, etc.?

Pour la traduction des Biographies Il n’est actuellement pas possible de sélectionner le texte pour le traduire avec Google translate ou un autres logiciel. Pourriez vous intégrer cette fonction dans les future versions de Roon.
Merci

1 Like

Information such as biographies and title reviews are not translated into the app’s native language. This makes them unusable unless you have a good command of English, which is not the case for everyone on earth.
Failing to allow the copy / paste of text for an instant google translate.

An important point to develop, even if English is the language of computers, because having fun listening to music and learning about artists has nothing to do with computers or another culture. . And then there are also large people who arrive and who don’t necessarily speak English and that can interest them too.

+1
I also have a great desire to see and read the info on biographies and albums in my native language and I had already opened a thread about this:

In addition to the algorithm of the suggestions and the library management, this is a core function of Roon to give its users more detailed information about the artists and the history of the albums. And in my private life I much prefer to read such things in my mother tongue. Many people in the world speak enough English to be able to communicate, but in order to understand a text deeply, it is always better to read it in your own language.

1 Like