Bit Depth Restore with MQA Signalling not working with Audeze Linear filter

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Version 1.7 (build 505) stable (64bit)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

The following sources have been tested:
NAD C 658 BluOS Streaming DAC → Drop+THX AAA 789 headphone amplifier
Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt

Headphones:
Audeze LCD-i4

Description Of Issue

Dear Roon,

Using the Audeze Reveal presets within Roon for the LCD-i4, whenever I use the linear filter, Roon fails to perform the Bit Depth Conversion with Restore with MQA Signaling when playing MQA media, as seen here:

This is not the case when using the low latency filter, as seen here:

Is this a bug or a necessity? Could you please look into this? Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Arash

Hello @Arash,

We were able to reproduce the behavior you are describing. I have filled a ticket with the development team for further investigation.

-John

1 Like

Thanks @john, I appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Any updates on this?

Guys, it’s been more than 1.5 years since this bug was reported. Can anyone give an update on this issue? It’s still not resolved.

Any updates on this bug? The Low Latency (default) filters seem to work just fine, issue remains with the Linear filters to this day.

I checked our internal tracker and can confirm we still have a ticket in with our development team. I don’t have any specific timelines I can provide here but I’ve requested an update from the team.

2 Likes

@support Any updates?

Hey friends, @Arash, @Shawn_Williams, and @RBO

I took a look at our internal ticket tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still active. This means our team is still slated to address this but I can’t provide a timeline for when this will occur.

Once the ticket has been reviewed by the QA team I will let you know. We know that this one has taken a while and appreciate your patience and understanding during the wait.

4 Likes

Couple more days and it’s December… 2021

1 Like

Any update on this? Problem still persists in the new LCD-5 preset (but is not an issue if the convolution files are added manually) Since this presents across the linear filters could the issue be with the linearity (“wet”) slider?

Hi @Shawn_Williams ,

Thank you for the reminder on this one, we are still tracking this issue. The ticket has been in our backlog for a bit, but we’ve sent the scheduling team a reminder.

1 Like