Bizarre event--couldnt connect to database of devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC 7
IMAC controller
QNAP NAS is where my music is stored.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Eero Router.
Everything connected via Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bang & Olufsen A9 connected via ethernet cable

Description Of Issue
Came home and Roon was open on my Mac. I put Mac to sleep for a few minutes. When I woke the Mac up Roon displayed message about being unable to connect to my database.

Also none of my devices were recognized. I restarted my NUC 3-4 times. I also restarted the controller a bunch of times. on the 4th or 5th time Roon started to scan all my files from scratch. Recently my database became corrupted and I had to rescan my database from begining.

Since then I have been furiously reliable all my files (all bootlegs and Roon does a bad job of recognizing). I had feared this time around but that none of my changes had been saved and I would have to start all over again but it was all fine.

Just very weird
Things working fine now but just wanted to let developers know.

Hi @thomas_clark1,

Thanks for the report and for reaching out here. Just to confirm -

• You set the old database aside (renamed the RoonServer folder to RoonServer_old) and restored from a backup to get out of this state?
  • Has this type of behavior occurred on the NUC before?
  • Was there a power outage or any event which could have triggered such behavior?

no I was going to do that then it suddenly started scanning the library so I just let it be.

started completely from scratch

figure it used a backup as recent changes I made to file titles were retained

no powerouttage

thank u for asking

can send error files if u would like?

has never occurred b4

week or two ago something like this happened

same symptoms…was told my database was corrupted

went through the steps u described

had to start relableing thousands of files etc

then this happened

main difference it came back and rescanned library with changes retained

Hi @thomas_clark1,

If the database appears to be working as expected after stating fresh that’s a good sign. I was just not sure if there was something that occurred to cause this issue (such as a power failure).

You can send me the error files if you like, but not sure how much they will tell us, you are referring to the Roon logs for right after the issue occurred? If you already started with a fresh database, the logs folder unfortunately won’t contain much information.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.