Black Friday Nucleus deal only in the US

Offer is for USA clients only. This alienates Canada and other territories. Come on Roon!

1 Like

We sell Nucleus direct in the US only. In other countries, we use distributors local to that country and cannot enforce any deals.

The Roon deal is available worldwide.

Fair enough. But from a customerā€™s perspectiveā€¦. We (paying customers outside of the USA) receive an email from Roon telling us about a promotion. Or read about it on the Roon site. We assume itā€™s for us because Roon is promoting to us. We take the time to read it, maybe are directed to the Roon site, peruse the offer, decide to purchase, fill in address details, get our credit cards out to enter payment details, to only then discover offer is valid in the USA only, even though the fill in address option on the checkout page asks for Canadian town and province! Why isnā€™t the form working? Is it my browserā€¦ Iā€™ll try again. No, still not working. Completely a waste of time, not to mention annoying. Not a way to treat your customers. If only parts of the offer are valid in the countries youā€™re sending offers to then make it clear what they are and how your customers can purchase them. You Black Friday offer is not clear.

4 Likes

For UK and possibly EU countries ā€¦ this may be of interestā€¦

Medieval times communication from a crappy forum?..in 2020 Roon cannot handle promotions outside US? U guys are funny

Theyā€™re still figuring out what marketing means :yawning_face::yawning_face:

@Matte_Rocks, thatā€™s quite a bold, but ignorant, statement.

These are distribution agreement limitations. We can not force distributors/dealers to take part in a deal with causes them to increase their cost of customer acquisition or dip into their margin. For Nucleus sales, we chose to use distribution outside the US for various reasons that shouldnā€™t be hard to guess/understand.

In contrast, with Roon licenses, where we only sell direct, we offer our black Friday deal everywhere. In 2020, this is a very common arrangement.

That said, @Carlā€™s post above has a dealer in UK mentioning he is willing to offer this deal.

Iā€™m another Canadian buyer of the Nucleus based on the Black Friday deal. Just found out on this forum that the Tidal one year free promotion does not apply to me.

I think you guys need to extend this promotion to everywhere you distribute your product.

In Canada the Nucleus costs $2200, Not cheap. How about a better deal On the lifetime license?

I assume thatā€™s CAD, not USDā€¦ so the equivalent is a bit less than $1700 USD, which is still higher than a US customer pays (about $1400 + sales tax, which ranges from 0% to about 10%) ā€“ I wonder if the Canadian distributor/dealers are charging based on GST/HST.

The lifetime is never going to get discounted or promoted. It most likely will be killed off. Itā€™s not good for our business long-term.

In the UK, we had a few dealers pick up the TIDAL + Nucleus deal. You guys have given me ammunition to get our Candaian distributor participating as well.

Itā€™s a great product!

A lot of people are buying into the Nucleus including me who are getting the one year subscription with the purchase. After that year Iā€™m planning on buying the lifetime subscription, please do not kill it of with out emailing and letting us know.

If you plan to buy lifetime in one year, you might as well buy it now. It may not be available in one year.

you clearly donā€™t need ignorant paying customers like me.
thank you for your clarification

Perhaps you should have set the the email filter on your promotion campaign to US registered users only and prevented the negative feedback and disappointment.

One for the lessons learnt.

We did, but itā€™s not 100% accurate always.

No promises on that. We donā€™t want a run on them.

Good thing you have a 30 day money back Guarantee.

You just saved me $2200

Never trust a company that makes any promises for the future. Iā€™m shooting straight with you about our intentions and not making any promises I may need to break.

If that offends you, Iā€™m sure someone else out there will make promises they donā€™t intend to keep.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Mac Mini - How To Rip CDs

I so love being referred to as ā€œother territories ā€œ . Love and best wishes from a little island in that pool of people who represent 92.5% of world population who miraculously donā€™t live in North America :grinning:

I think ā€œother territoriesā€ in the OPs wording was meant to mean ā€œnot-USā€ (where Roon Labs is located) and ā€œnot-Canadaā€ (where he is located).

His focus is clearly on Canada, because heā€™s physically there. Iā€™m sure no offense was meant to the rest of the world that he doesnā€™t reside in.

Many companies, due to shipping and customs complications, only sell within their own locality. For example, ā€œfree shippingā€ is harder to swallow when the cost is so much higher. Also, returns, repairs, etc are all made so much more costly (in time and currency) when the distances are larger than infrastructure is optimized for.

Itā€™s why we use distributors in other countries. Unfortunately, there is a lot of the sales experience we give up when we use distributors ā€“ and this is one of those things.

Danny
Thanks for the response but it really was just me indulging in some sad British humour . Please keep up the great work , I was an early adopter , have a life time subscription and continue to be a BIG fan. You and your team have added immense value to my listening experience over the last few years and for that I am very grateful