BlackList-Hate-Exclude TIDAL/LIBRARY options

@Jeff_White

I don’t quite understand this conversation. I get none if the crap you complain about.

But then, I don’t use any Tidal recommendations, their collections and playlists. And I don’t go to the Tidal browser.

I get my recommendations and suggestions the old way, the way we did it before Tidal: word of mouth, discussion forums like this one, publications. I can choose sources that don’t push crap.

Then I can use Tidal to bring n stuff that has been recommended.

I also look at other albums by artists that I like, whether I have them locally or in Tidal. Including not just the main album artist, but also contributing artists.

So Tidal works perfectly.

I don’t get crappy recommendations because I don’t take their recommendations.

8 Likes

@Jeff_White, Right on, word of mouth. I tried to suggest that Roon could be less in-your-face about an associated Tidal account, but got nowhere. My own solution was to disconnect Tidal from Roon.

1 Like

I have been thinking to my self…
I have 11,000 tracks… Do I really need TIDAL to explore NEW STUFF… or should I just focus on finding all the GEMS in my current library. That would Save $240/year, making Roon a great value…
Plus, then I also don’t have to think about Tidal’s lack of DISLIKE features, and Roon’s ability to BAN such things.
Good thinking… Maybe Roon wins and Tidal loses the revenue because they don’t listen to their customers. ( I mean Tidal doesn’t listen to Roon’s customers to allow Roon to easily filter/ban certain artists, tracks, etc. )

Jeff

1 Like

All you want to to, exclude music or artists from any future recomendations you can do with Deezer in the Flow funktion. Just dislike an Artist or a track and Flow never will play it again. And it works great. This is why i cancelled my Tidal and changed to Deezer. Umfortunetly, Deezer is not supported by Roon and does not offer lossless streaming unless you have a Sonos product.
Maybe, some day Roon will include Deezer too, tahn i’ll be back to Roon too.

2 Likes

You assume it’s Roon that doesn’t support Deezer…

1 Like

I don’t care about wether Ronn does not support Deezer or otherwise.
The result is, that there is no Deezer integration in Roon. That counts. I’ve had over a year Tidal hifi suscription and i had to confess, that Tidal’s dayly or weekly suggestions were not my music. And in every day use i dont want to have to look for music i like. For me it’s more comfortable to get suggestions on the base of my favorites.
So, when der is a Deezer integration in Roon, I’ll be back with Roon.

2 Likes

I am okay with the functionality, but unclear when teaching the wife…

Maybe your teaching skills are not so good?
There are, by the way, also very much articles in the shops I don’t want to by but never though to complain about it.

2 Likes

I have to say I agree. I go past loads of shop windows selling things I won’t buy. That’s the way of the world, I won’t complain. Equally Tidal have a shop window that I may not like most of the time, but I don’t linger there. I have plenty of what I like on display in my Library, its my own shop window which I do like.

3 Likes

I’LL send her to you for a few weeks.
You let me know if it’s my teaching skills…
Hahaha
Jeff

2 Likes

OK, if it’s not your teaching skills it can be fun :wink:
Good luck anyway with your traveling trough Roon an Tidal.

Richard

+1 for Deezer. Works so much better then Tidal because it learns what I like and more importantly what I don’t like. Really hope Roon is becoming more intelligent in the future. The Tidal part in Roon is just a copy of Tidals own interface. Hard to navigate, seriously bad recommendations and way too much focussed on new releases and the most popular music. I never use the Tidal tap in Roon because of this and still have a Deezer account besides Roon/Tidal. Tidal integration in Roons artist pages works good though.

1 Like

You can bookmark the Tidal “Genres” page and thereafter use the bookmark to bypass the main Tidal page. Most of the time, that’s what I do.

(I wish I could bookmark the main pages for specific Tidal genres, but it appears that’s not possible.)

1 Like

I agree Markus_Oly - I’m with you and as I will drop TIDAL I wont be able to justify Roon as I have no need to access my local files given Deeza will provide them.

It would be very very helpfull if Roon could show genres in the Tidal page and in it’s own album browser. (Directly under the albums without having to click a buzzilion times) A realy big shortcoming for me in any streaming service. A dislike function for Tidal is high on my wishlist as well.

Tidal/Genres brings up Tidals Genres pages. Is that what you are referring to ?

No, I’m referring to a genre indication on the main page, the recommendation page and all other views. Directly under the albums shown there. Would be very helpfull. In the “whats new” list for example there is only an artist name and an album name, that’s it. Says next to nothing most of the time.

1 Like