Blank black opening screen on new iPad Pro

I just received my iPad Pro 2020. Roon app on iOS now starts up in a blank black screen. I have to exit and restart roon on the iPad Pro a couple of times before I get the roon main menu. Anyone else seen this? Any known solutions? Thanks…

As with many new platforms some differences in how the device hardware gets configured in apps might mean that an update will be needed. Sit tight and check the posts here and for updates on the the app stores. Also make sure your device is on the latest iOS releases as sometimes this can be an iOS issue too.

thanks. will watch for replies…
Phil

Hi @Phil_Kemp,

Just to confirm, all other remotes are still working properly, correct?

I’ve enabled diagnostics so we can take a closer look at what might be happening here. The next time your iPad is connected to the Core it should upload a diagnostics report — Can you try connecting the iPad once more and once you’ve successfully gotten it to load can you let us know the time you were able to do so?

Thanks!

Hi @Phil_Kemp,

Can you clarify if this iPad is the WiFi only model or the model with WiFi + Cellular?

Thanks!

wifi plus cellular
PK

Perfect, thanks for confirming, @Phil_Kemp. The team has the diagnostics report and is looking into this.

Hi @Phil_Kemp,

I spoke with the team about their investigation here. We’ve now seen a few other reports of customers using this device and we’ve also acquired one of these devices internally. We aren’t seeing this behavior on our end, and other customers don’t seem to be having the issue, so we think there might be something different going on here.

To start, can you share some screenshots of what you’re seeing?

Thanks!

upgraded to 13.4.1 yesterday. I cannot replicate the errror at thi=
s time. I upgraded to 13.4.1 yesterday. I cannot replicate the errror at thi=
s time.must be the update took care of things…
If I get the behavior again I’ll send screenshots.
Thanks for your help…
Thanks for your help.Phil

Hi @Phil_Kemp,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.