Blank roon screen upon starting application with Roon icon spinning. Windows 10 Core PC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core machine is a PC running Windows 10 64bit OS fully updated.

Intel i7 CPU 9700k 32mb system memory, nvidia RTX2070 video card/Roon build 1.8 (latest I think, can’t get into app to verify) Just downloaded last week.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Nighthawk AX8, PC is hard wired to router via LAN. Router has latest firmware. 200mbs internet service

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon feeding Schiit Audio Modius via USB

Description Of Issue

I started up the trial, it ran without issue for 3 days. Then when I opened it the next day it stated something like “you’re not connected to the Roon server” I closed the app and re-opened it and got a blank screen which is just the Roon app with the Roon icon in the center spinning and nothing else happens. Will attach screen shot.

All of my drivers are up to date including the video card driver. I get all my drivers from the manufacturers web site directly. I also tried deactivating the windows firewall to see if anything changed, no change. I don’t remember making any system changes between the app working and not working so not sure what the problem is.

PS, I’ve also uninstalled and re-installed the Roon software…same issue.

Screen that I see after starting the app, it just stays this way until I close it. I do see Roon running in the Windows task manager.

I’ve uninstalled the software again, this time ticking the “delete settings and database” box. This seems to have fixed the problem. Everything back up and running.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.