Blank Screen - (1.8/B790)

The screen sometimes blanks out once Roon is minimised and revived (I can’t put my finger on what triggers it). Also the time counter stalls for a while even through the track is playing (it eventually catches up).

iMac 5k 27" (2020), MacOS, Bug Sur 11.3.1

Hello Daren,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having difficulties with some of your views in Roon.
I have a couple quick questions that will help us figure out the cause of your issue.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup Roon System Details Form:

Please fill out system details below with as much detail as you can, this information will help us detect the source of your issue.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

When you’re in this state are you able to navigate to other screens or are you stuck on this screen?

Additionally, does this happen on other Roon remotes or do you only see this on your iMac?

Thanks

@jamie

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS, Retina 5k 27" 2020; AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4Gb
NUCi7BEH/ROCK
Roon 1.8/790

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus Mesh AI. DSL-AC68U>hardwired to NUC
Mac using WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SMSL M500 USB DAC

Description Of Issue

Blank screen

Hey @Daren_Peacock

Thank you for sending your system details, much appreciated.

Can you please provide answers to these questions?

When you’re in this state are you able to navigate to other screens or are you stuck on this screen?

Additionally, does this happen on other Roon remotes or do you only see this on your iMac?

Thanks

@jamie I’ve only experienced this on my Mac.

I can navigate to other screens e.g. by clicking home.

My Mac has been on WiFi. I’ll test tomorrow using a Powerline adapter (although the culprit may be the graphics card).

Thanks.

@jamie The issues appears to be WiFi related as there are no problems using the Powerline.

Many thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Daren, thank you for the update. We’re happy to hear that you were able to identify that the issue was network related and that you’re up and running again. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can be of any help in the future.

@jamie I spoke too soon. The issue persists, but not as bad as WiFi.

A bit more info: If this happens when I’ve been viewing a particular album and I switch to the album view, the page is missing the albums (sometimes Roon suggests I change the view or something like that). Clicking the heart brings the albums back into view.