BlueOS 3.0.0 released

Just had an update to my Bluesound devices. 3.02 Anyone know what’s changed?

1 Like

thought perhaps it was to enable Alexa support, but so far i can’t find the skill.

See https://www.bluesound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/BluOS_ReleaseNotes_3.0.2_Public.pdf , sadly nothing of note.

Be aware that in the last two BluOS updates there is a nasty bug that effects optical in which in turn effects streaming. Its basically monitoring the optical in all the time even though you might be streaming from Roon or another service and this consumes all the ram. I had this as soon as I plugged in my FireTv to the optical in of the node 2. It played for 2 secs then would stutter and dropout often playback stopping completely. Its worse for hires files as it effects immediately for CD it takes a while of listening for the same effect to happen. The only thing to stop it is to take out the optical lead.

Bluesound have confirmed its a firmware issue and will look to fix in an update. No idea when this will happen though.

Not seeing this with a powernode2. Optical in my case used for an airport express for airplay2 use… no need for the 2i :wink:

Lucky you. Mines unplayable with it plugged in.

My Pulse 2 works via optical for TV and I have it on autosense. It works perfectly with the latest firmware.

They have confirmed it’s an issue their side I’m not making it up so maybe only effects node 2.

I also wonder if this has been around for a while and is the reason why a lot of users have had playback issues. When I started to investigate there where a lot posts by users having similar symptoms to me, but no idea if they where using optical in.

The Node2 also has the sync issues with raat. Perhaps something in it’s software is different from the powernode2 and other BluOs enabled devices.

After the latest BluOS 3.2.6 update RAAT is now at 1.1.32 and all sync problems (at least for my setup) seems to be fixed. I currently have 10 BluOS zones (across Node 2s, NAD CI720s and NAD CI580s) playing in sync without issue. Maybe we can finally put a fork in this one.

Anyone else having success (or not) with the latest release?

I have had terrible sync issues of late between a pair of Pulse flex’s and a usbridge over raat. Was about to give up but I think that this latest bluos update has actually fixed it. Fingers crossed.

I had the same kind of terrible sync issues @nquery , though with different equipment as noted. Have been waiting almost a year for this to be fixed. Let me know if yours is really fixed after you use it for a while. Still no problems on my end. Have been running almost 24 hours now with different groupings…

Here’s a link to the BluOS 3.2.6 release notes:

The critical new item being:

“Updated Roon protocol for improved streaming performance and stability”

So far so good. Also worth mentioning that not only would I get horrific sync issues but the pulse flexes would actually start breaking up and crackling, each one differently. I thought maybe it was the speakers themselves but then I would changeover to the bluos controller and they would sound fine. Really crazy.

That is potentially really great news :slight_smile: Waiting eagerly for confirmation that Roon sync works :slight_smile:

Well, as per my message …

I have Bluos updated, node2 and flex wired but am unable to listen in group (out-of-sync)…

:frowning:

Ahhh… I was mistaken. I somehow thought there was a new Bluesound update just released whilst in fact the 3.2.6 release was the Dec 10th one. I did try that one a few days ago but the sync problems seemed to persist.
:frowning:

FWIW Bluesound did imply that it would be explicitly mentioned in the release notes as/when it is fixed.

Very interesting…
… according to the long running thread on the Bluesound forum, the sync issue fix is pending, at least according to the last post in October this year. This is the thread:

https://helpdesk.bluesound.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4529&p=22293&hilit=sync&sid=62a58a98e116aa427212ab1f9087b496#p22293

However, a very recent official Bluesound response to a follow up support question on the status of the bug, seems to indicate that the bug may no longer be considered as such by Bluesound (!?). Here is the link to that:

According to this official answer, the sync problem is attributed to Roon’s “heavy traffic overhead”. This was the response I got a year ago when I initially raised the issue with Bluesound Support. At the time, the sync problem was blamed at Roon exclusively and it took me a lot of effort to prove that this was not the case (including ethernet hardwiring a Node 2, a flex 2 and a pulse 2). Once I ruled out the wireless network I was simply directed back at Roon for any solution to the problem. That was a year ago though and I thought that Bluesound had acknowledged the issue on their end and that they were aiming to fix this. The above official support answer is quite perplexing in my opinion.