BlueOS 3.0.0 released

Very interesting…
… according to the long running thread on the Bluesound forum, the sync issue fix is pending, at least according to the last post in October this year. This is the thread:

https://helpdesk.bluesound.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4529&p=22293&hilit=sync&sid=62a58a98e116aa427212ab1f9087b496#p22293

However, a very recent official Bluesound response to a follow up support question on the status of the bug, seems to indicate that the bug may no longer be considered as such by Bluesound (!?). Here is the link to that:

According to this official answer, the sync problem is attributed to Roon’s “heavy traffic overhead”. This was the response I got a year ago when I initially raised the issue with Bluesound Support. At the time, the sync problem was blamed at Roon exclusively and it took me a lot of effort to prove that this was not the case (including ethernet hardwiring a Node 2, a flex 2 and a pulse 2). Once I ruled out the wireless network I was simply directed back at Roon for any solution to the problem. That was a year ago though and I thought that Bluesound had acknowledged the issue on their end and that they were aiming to fix this. The above official support answer is quite perplexing in my opinion.